The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Retrievers that Changed our sport

Default Retrievers that Changed our sport

And the stories behind them.....

Hoping to "coax" out some of the big guns here....

Like others I'm absolutely enthralled when it comes to the histoy/legacy of some of the well know dogs..My personal favorite was Dr. Eds Honcho Trilogy…I know it takes a lot of effort and of course time to put to text some of these amazing stories. I’m probably asking way to much…However, it’s worth a shot.
    HOLD FAST
    Winter is coming
    Duck hunters like other duck hunters at a Holiday party, cocktail hour or a school play..........they hate each other @ 5am

Waaaaahhhhhh! You mean part III came out and I missed it???? Now I am going to have to learn to use the dang search function and dig it out.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Must have been a limited edition print only given to me.......DR. Ed and I roll like that
    HOLD FAST
    Winter is coming
    Duck hunters like other duck hunters at a Holiday party, cocktail hour or a school play..........they hate each other @ 5am

Quote Originally Posted by Swampy- View Post
    Must have been a limited edition print only given to me.......DR. Ed and I roll like that
    Dang, Dr Ed, you would think with all the dogs we bring in for OFA x-rays that I could get a copy also.

I'm bringing J.J. in tomorrow morning to get her microchip and rabies shot, suppose I could get a copy then?

Marty
    Marty & Lesa
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers
    Fort Worth, Texas
    817-564-3560
    www.ramblinmaxx.com

How about Kodiak's Cajun Blackjack....

** BACKGROUND
    My wife and I got Jax shortly after being married in ’99. We were living near Baton Rouge at the time and struggling to stay afloat like most newly weds, but were happy. Along came our “first little one” Jax a pretty little Black female with tons of desire….

I did not know anything about training dogs, but with plenty of HRC clubs in Southern Louisiana I had plenty of help and soon had a training group, life was good…..

Fast forward 6 Months…. One of my training partners begins to talk of “Force Fetch” and tells me its time for Jax to go through it. He coaches me along and Jax is doing fine, a few stumbles here and there but she gets threw it without any major problems. (Actually she was the easiest dog I have ever trained threw FF) This story actually takes place right as we were wrapping up her FF training, you know that time when a dog ALWAYS has something in it’s mouth because he is afraid of getting a ear pinch if its not holding something.

** STORY
    I get home from work this particular day and with my wife at home we fix dinner and are relaxing in the sweet summer heat of Louisiana. I vividly remember watching “The West Wing” with my wife and Jax, then out of the blue there is a knock on the door. I get up and answer it and there are two men from the church. We invite them in and have them sit down, while I take Jax into the back room and put her away.

We get to talking and cutting up, they inform us that they are concerned because we had not been to church in a while. We remind them that we both work Sundays etc…. The conversation is pleasant and going nicely……..

All of the sudden a black flash or lightening comes from the back bedroom! Jax had gotten out and wants to meet our visitors. She comes running down the hall and jumps into the laps of these two men from church. They politely tell me it’s OK as I stand to get her and put her away. I instantly realize that she had brought the men something to welcome them to our home. Sitting on one of the gentlemen’s lap is a “Adult Novelty Toy” That looks very realistic to part of the male anatomy. My wife and I saw it at the same time. She lets out a SHREEEEK that I believe the Richter Scales picked up in Washington D.C. then ran back to the bedroom never to reveal herself for days. Jax seeing my reaction and thinking that she is fixing to get her ear pinched simply reaches over and picks it up off the mans lap. Then comes and heals at my side like the good girl she is. Here I am speechless for the first time in my life with 2 elders from church, a dog and a dildo…..

The men are like…… “Well my gosh, look at the time, I guess we better get going.” I reply, “Yeah it’s getting late, hope to see ya’ll at church Sunday” and quickly walk them to the door. Lord only knows what the ride in the car was like, but I assume both of those men still remember that as clearly as I do….. My wife has tried to forget, but I won’t let her… hehehehe

We never did go back to that church, as a matter of fact we had to move to Utah before she would go to church again.

To this day Jax will still answer to “Jax” or “Dildo”
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.

OK, now drag your sorry butt down here and explain to my coworkers why exactly that Bubba is rolling around on the floor laughing hysterically.

By the way, your life ain't worth a cup of warm spit if she reads this thread.

Back to cleaning up the monitor regards

BUbba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

What about the dogs that finish every years nationals......look what they accomplished!The bar goes up ....up...all the time

thats the kind of stories i want to hear now i hope you have another
    one you know you do that was good

Now that was some funny stuff right there...
    Winners train......losers complain.....

Dan Lawler