The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huckabee....Just had to share! (GDG)

Thumbs up Huckabee....Just had to share! (GDG)

I really enjoy politics and decided my daughter, Chloe, should have the opportunity to experience the political process first hand. We went to a rally tonight in Rock Hill, SC to see my favorite candidate, Mike Huckabee. Having never been to a rally, we arrived 90 minutes early not knowing what to expect and we were able to get front row seats. About 45 minutes before the rally, we were asked if we wanted to sit on stage directly behind Janet Huckabee.

After Mike's unbelievable speech, I had the opportunity to speak with Mike and Janet for a few minutes. Both of them are wonderful, down-to-earth people. I could really imagine spending the morning in a duck blind with Mike and his lab. (I also found out that Janet is an avid hunter!) He was nice enough to autograph a campaign sign for my daughter and they both posed for a photo with her. I couldn't believe what a opportunity we had been afforded.

On the drive home, I asked Chloe, "If you were old enough to vote, would you vote for Huckabee?" She thought for a second and replied, "Yeah, I probably would. He was really patient." You see, in my haste to get out of the house, I had forgot my camera. All I had was my camera phone. Mike and Janet were willing to wait for around 30 seconds while I messed with my phone so that I could get a picture. To an eleven year old girl, that meant the world. As a father (that also understands that on the day before a primary, a presidential canidate has a REALLY tight schedule), it spoke volumes about his character!

Please excuse the photo quality, but I thought that some of you might enjoy seeing the picture of my daughter and the Huckabees.

God Bless the Huckabees and God Bless the USA!!

Regards,

Al
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the Republican side, Huckabee should win by a huge margin in SC. Both Romney and McCain shot themselves in the foot over the SC State flag issue. Huckabee said that it was an issue for the state to decide and the other two condemed the flag. Not only did McCain and Romney hurt their chances in SC but also all over the south.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-19-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    On the Republican side, Huckabee should win by a huge margin in SC. Both Romney and McCain shot themselves in the foot over the SC State flag issue. Huckabee said that it was an issue for the state to decide and the other two condemed the flag. Not only did McCain and Romney hurt their chances in SC but also all over the south.
    That and his coming out for a God based Constitution won't hurt with the Bible thumpers either.

A bit to scary for this independent.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I heard that comment somewhere else, maybe on TV news. I don't understand the comment since we already have a "God-based" constitution. Our founders were either Christians or deists so it's only reasonable that our constitution is God-based and many of our early settlers were seeking religious feedom. That said, I understand in a sense given that our politically-correct politicians & courts don't understand the separation of church and state as intended by the constitution language or they just want a new interpretation to suit their views.
    David Didier, GA

Kristie Wilder

That's really cool, Al. Thanks for sharing. What a great experience to give your daughter, and even greater that she appeared to enjoy it... It's a heck of a lot better than a Hannah Montana concert... LOL

Cool

Huckabee would like to see constitutional amendments outlawing abortion and defining marriage as being a union between a man and a woman. This is pretty much in line with the Republican platform, but because he is a man of faith, it is being portrayed as a "God based Constitution". Does having a solid sense of morals disqualify an individual from being president?
    Last edited by Al VanHoey; 01-19-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Folks,

Treat others the way you want to be treated -- don't clutter up this thread with political debate!

Imagine this man's happiness, how it would be if YOU were to get to meet intimately YOUR favorite candidate!

Be happy for him. Share the happiness, congratulations is all that is in order.

Take the debating to a different thread.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristie Wilder View Post
    That's really cool, Al. Thanks for sharing. What a great experience to give your daughter, and even greater that she appeared to enjoy it.
    AMEN. My sentiment exactly.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Folks,

Treat others the way you want to be treated -- don't clutter up this thread with political debate!

Imagine this man's happiness, how it would be if YOU were to get to meet intimately YOUR favorite candidate!

VERY well said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Folks,

That's awesome Kevin!

Thank you! Al, congrats to you and your family on a fun experience. I would imagine it will create a memory that will last for a lifetime!