RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Huckabee....Just had to share! (GDG)

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Dogtrainer4God 
#1 ·
I really enjoy politics and decided my daughter, Chloe, should have the opportunity to experience the political process first hand. We went to a rally tonight in Rock Hill, SC to see my favorite candidate, Mike Huckabee. Having never been to a rally, we arrived 90 minutes early not knowing what to expect and we were able to get front row seats. About 45 minutes before the rally, we were asked if we wanted to sit on stage directly behind Janet Huckabee.

After Mike's unbelievable speech, I had the opportunity to speak with Mike and Janet for a few minutes. Both of them are wonderful, down-to-earth people. I could really imagine spending the morning in a duck blind with Mike and his lab. (I also found out that Janet is an avid hunter!) He was nice enough to autograph a campaign sign for my daughter and they both posed for a photo with her. I couldn't believe what a opportunity we had been afforded.

On the drive home, I asked Chloe, "If you were old enough to vote, would you vote for Huckabee?" She thought for a second and replied, "Yeah, I probably would. He was really patient." You see, in my haste to get out of the house, I had forgot my camera. All I had was my camera phone. Mike and Janet were willing to wait for around 30 seconds while I messed with my phone so that I could get a picture. To an eleven year old girl, that meant the world. As a father (that also understands that on the day before a primary, a presidential canidate has a REALLY tight schedule), it spoke volumes about his character!

Please excuse the photo quality, but I thought that some of you might enjoy seeing the picture of my daughter and the Huckabees.

God Bless the Huckabees and God Bless the USA!!

Regards,

Al

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
On the Republican side, Huckabee should win by a huge margin in SC. Both Romney and McCain shot themselves in the foot over the SC State flag issue. Huckabee said that it was an issue for the state to decide and the other two condemed the flag. Not only did McCain and Romney hurt their chances in SC but also all over the south.

#4 ·
I heard that comment somewhere else, maybe on TV news. I don't understand the comment since we already have a "God-based" constitution. Our founders were either Christians or deists so it's only reasonable that our constitution is God-based and many of our early settlers were seeking religious feedom. That said, I understand in a sense given that our politically-correct politicians & courts don't understand the separation of church and state as intended by the constitution language or they just want a new interpretation to suit their views.

G
#5 ·
That's really cool, Al. Thanks for sharing. What a great experience to give your daughter, and even greater that she appeared to enjoy it... It's a heck of a lot better than a Hannah Montana concert... LOL

#6 · (Edited)
Huckabee would like to see constitutional amendments outlawing abortion and defining marriage as being a union between a man and a woman. This is pretty much in line with the Republican platform, but because he is a man of faith, it is being portrayed as a "God based Constitution". Does having a solid sense of morals disqualify an individual from being president?

#7 ·
Folks,

Treat others the way you want to be treated -- don't clutter up this thread with political debate!

Imagine this man's happiness, how it would be if YOU were to get to meet intimately YOUR favorite candidate!

Be happy for him. Share the happiness, congratulations is all that is in order.

Take the debating to a different thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.