RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Bonds Failed Drug Test

3K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  TRC 
#1 ·
According to ESPN.com, barry bonds failed a drug test for steroids in november of 2001.

#4 · (Edited)
You may be kidding, but this is what's wrong with society today. Out of sight, out of mind. As long as you don't bring it into my house. Your view point is common in society today, most don't care until it gets personal. You son or grandson gets addicted, then will you care? Some steroid-out dude beats the crap out of your daughter, wife or you, then will you care?

Level playing field(Steroids) for the pros will trickle down to level playing field in the minors then to the colleges then to the high school.

Take a stand! Steroids are illegal and a health hazard for our youth!

#5 ·
Why can't you tell baseball to get control of the drug situation or the govt will take away your legal monopoly?

#6 ·
The problem is the poor saps that want to stay clean and make a living with their hard work and God given talents, but are forced out or forced to use in order to make a living because they can't compete with the juiced up neanderthols. I cannot understand why the players union has faught testing. Is there a minority that want to stay clean?

#8 ·
bonds tested positive for steroids
BFD.....I can't believe I clicked on this topic let alone wasted energy typing about it!;)

#9 ·
How come nobody is issuing a retraction now that it has come out that this was a typo in the report as far as the date goes. I agree with Jerry, let them do it if they want to. IF they get caught punish them via the legal system and they can also be punished by their employer (MLB, NBA, PGA, NFL…)

#10 ·
I thought of mentioning it but the typo was that he failed in 2000, rather than 2001. The 2000 failure had been mentioned in press reports before and is the basis for the perjury charges against Bonds. From my perspective, it comes down to the same thing. I remember when my son was 15-16 and his coaches at school and the local gym were encouraging him and other kids his age to take a variety of "supplements" that contained a number of the drugs that are outlawed today. I was pissed then and flushed my son's $50+ purchase of enhancing drugs down the toilet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.