The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89

Thread: Professional Trainers Can I Help?

  1. #1
    3637
    Guest

    Default Professional Trainers Can I Help?

    Hello I am new to this site. I have been training my own dogs for 15yrs for hunting just the basics). Now I would like to learn how to train a Hunt test dog. I was told to come to this site and ask for help in trade for working for the trainer.

    So would any of you trainers be willing to work out a deal for a week. I help you (tossing birds or whatever needs to be done) in trade for working with me and 1-2 of my dogs. I am from MN and would travel to your kennel.

    Or shoot me an offer!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Aubrey TX
    Posts
    5,880

    Default

    Shoot you an offer??? Who are you? What do you really know? And who can vouch for you??? We need to know those things. Geeze.....

    Angie

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northwest, In
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    What do you need to know to throw birds? His offer seems to be of non-technical type help, he does not seem to boast to able to do more. Seems like he just wants to learn. I know of some pros who do just what he is offering. Granted they are do primarily hunt tests, and may not be known in the FT realm.
    I think he needs to know what else may be expected of him, and if he feels competent to do so, then offer proof via references etc. or whatever.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Derry Pa Blackhawk's Southern Cross SH CD 9/22/93 - 7/15/08
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Back up a little Angie. They are willing to throw birds or do what ever, which I would guess could mean cleaning kennels, airing dogs, they are willing to travel to the pro. There not asking for money only a small bit of time. Going on we don't know them we would have to guess they have little or no experience. Yes it would be nice to know a little more.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Aubrey TX
    Posts
    5,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    What do you need to know to throw birds? His offer seems to be of non-technical type help, he does not seem to boast to able to do more. Seems like he just wants to learn. I know of some pros who do just what he is offering. Granted they are do primarily hunt tests, and may not be known in the FT realm.
    I think he needs to know what else may be expected of him, and if he feels competent to do so, then offer proof via references etc. or whatever.
    Throw birds and learn what he needs to in a week,,,, You have to be seriously kidding??? Post up that pro that will take that on.... I dare ya....

    Besides,,, who would respond to anyone that won't post their name???

    Angie

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Aubrey TX
    Posts
    5,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Back up a little Angie. They are willing to throw birds or do what ever, which I would guess could mean cleaning kennels, airing dogs, they are willing to travel to the pro. There not asking for money only a small bit of time. Going on we don't know them we would have to guess they have little or no experience. Yes it would be nice to know a little more.
    You forgot the "shoot me an offer".... OMG.... He only has a week,,, Good luck to him I say...

    Angie

  7. #7
    Senior Member J Hoggatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Grand Island, NE.
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Not to Highjack the thread.

    But No real name = no real creditability.
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

    "When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

    "Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    109

    Default

    It's the guy's (that's a guess) first post - Give him some slack. We all started somewhere and there is more than one person who's afraid of giving out to much personal info on the web. He knows none of us or what we are about. Also, with the way this has started he's looking preaty smart for not using his name.

    Letís ask some questions- If he's not for real or trying to scam someone it will be obvious soon enough.

    3637 - Check your PM's
    www.autumncreekretrievers.com

    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.Ē
    Ted Nugent

  9. #9
    Senior Member born2retrieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3637 View Post
    Hello I am new to this site. I have been training my own dogs for 15yrs for hunting just the basics). Now I would like to learn how to train a Hunt test dog. I was told to come to this site and ask for help in trade for working for the trainer.

    So would any of you trainers be willing to work out a deal for a week. I help you (tossing birds or whatever needs to be done) in trade for working with me and 1-2 of my dogs. I am from MN and would travel to your kennel.

    Or shoot me an offer!!!!!!
    3637 I would start with some good training videos. Mike Lardy's Total Retriever and www.dannyfarmer.com
    Last edited by born2retrieve; 02-18-2008 at 09:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bruce MacPherson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jewell, Ore
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    I'm sure there are trainers in Pa, Angie probably knows half of them. Why wouldn't you just call someone in your area make an appointment and show up in person and make your case? You might have better luck that way.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Similar Threads

  1. Professional Training Expectations
    By Hondo35 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 01:22 PM
  2. Yo, Marvin. Some professional 'advice'..
    By Uncle Bill in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 09:49 PM
  3. Professional Trainers located in Edmonton, Alberta
    By KRP in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 10:42 AM
  4. What is the name of the Professional Ret. Trainers group?
    By GulfCoast in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 01:34 PM
  5. Your Professional Opinion...or not so
    By Stephen Whitley in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •