The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Trainers Can I Help?

Default Professional Trainers Can I Help?

Hello I am new to this site. I have been training my own dogs for 15yrs for hunting just the basics). Now I would like to learn how to train a Hunt test dog. I was told to come to this site and ask for help in trade for working for the trainer.

So would any of you trainers be willing to work out a deal for a week. I help you (tossing birds or whatever needs to be done) in trade for working with me and 1-2 of my dogs. I am from MN and would travel to your kennel.

Or shoot me an offer!!!!!!

Banned

Shoot you an offer??? Who are you? What do you really know? And who can vouch for you??? We need to know those things. Geeze.....

Angie

What do you need to know to throw birds? His offer seems to be of non-technical type help, he does not seem to boast to able to do more. Seems like he just wants to learn. I know of some pros who do just what he is offering. Granted they are do primarily hunt tests, and may not be known in the FT realm.
    I think he needs to know what else may be expected of him, and if he feels competent to do so, then offer proof via references etc. or whatever.

Derry Pa Blackhawk's Southern Cross SH CD 9/22/93 - 7/15/08

Back up a little Angie. They are willing to throw birds or do what ever, which I would guess could mean cleaning kennels, airing dogs, they are willing to travel to the pro. There not asking for money only a small bit of time. Going on we don't know them we would have to guess they have little or no experience. Yes it would be nice to know a little more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    What do you need to know to throw birds? His offer seems to be of non-technical type help, he does not seem to boast to able to do more. Seems like he just wants to learn. I know of some pros who do just what he is offering. Granted they are do primarily hunt tests, and may not be known in the FT realm.
    I think he needs to know what else may be expected of him, and if he feels competent to do so, then offer proof via references etc. or whatever.
    Throw birds and learn what he needs to in a week,,,, You have to be seriously kidding??? Post up that pro that will take that on.... I dare ya....

Besides,,, who would respond to anyone that won't post their name???

Angie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Back up a little Angie. They are willing to throw birds or do what ever, which I would guess could mean cleaning kennels, airing dogs, they are willing to travel to the pro. There not asking for money only a small bit of time. Going on we don't know them we would have to guess they have little or no experience. Yes it would be nice to know a little more.
    You forgot the "shoot me an offer".... OMG.... He only has a week,,, Good luck to him I say...

Angie

Not to Highjack the thread.

But No real name = no real creditability.
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

"Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

It's the guy's (that's a guess) first post - Give him some slack. We all started somewhere and there is more than one person who's afraid of giving out to much personal info on the web. He knows none of us or what we are about. Also, with the way this has started he's looking preaty smart for not using his name.

Letís ask some questions- If he's not for real or trying to scam someone it will be obvious soon enough.

3637 - Check your PM's
    www.autumncreekretrievers.com

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.Ē
    Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by 3637 View Post
    Hello I am new to this site. I have been training my own dogs for 15yrs for hunting just the basics). Now I would like to learn how to train a Hunt test dog. I was told to come to this site and ask for help in trade for working for the trainer.

So would any of you trainers be willing to work out a deal for a week. I help you (tossing birds or whatever needs to be done) in trade for working with me and 1-2 of my dogs. I am from MN and would travel to your kennel.

Or shoot me an offer!!!!!!
    3637 I would start with some good training videos. Mike Lardy's Total Retriever and www.dannyfarmer.com
    Last edited by born2retrieve; 02-18-2008 at 09:35 PM.

I'm sure there are trainers in Pa, Angie probably knows half of them. Why wouldn't you just call someone in your area make an appointment and show up in person and make your case? You might have better luck that way.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.