RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

FC AFC CFC CAFC DB's Cracker of Clubmead (Ritz) 3/22/1995-2/25/2008

6K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Waterdogs 
G
#1 ·
I just recieved word that Ritz was put to sleep yesterday. I dont have any facts other than that. Our Prayers go out to his owner Mary Ann I know how much she loved him. He was a great dog and the sire of many wonderful dogs.

#3 ·
Incredibly awesome animal. Ritz won one of the first SRS events...back in the fall of 02'.

I'll never forget the last series was a big quad and Ritz had almost 20 some odd points before he left the line....but killed the marks and just edged out Jack Jagoda and Elvis.

He was as much fun to watch as the line as most great dogs are pinning marks.

Sad Day...

JT

#9 · (Edited)
Ritz is also joining his litter sister Maggie (NFTCH NAFTCH FTCH AFTCH Clubmead's Steel Magnolia) who passed suddenly on April 24, 2004. I'm happy that Mary Ann had a bit more tiime with Ritz.

Sharon
That was one awesome litter that along with Maggie & Ritz had several other FC AFC's. I just hate reading about great dogs passing. I called a local FTer two weeks ago to congratulate him on his dog's earning of FC AFC, his dog sired by Ritz and we both agreed that if he were bred more than the few breedings he had, that his production record would be up there with the all time producers.

I think the best photo I have of Ritz was taken at the Canadian National. One that I lifted off the Canadian FT site when Stu Mead was managing that website. Stu was also Ritz's breeder, hence the name Clubmead. Ritz was the 2001 Annual High Point Amateur Dog and it was not long after that, his owner/handler passed. No telling how many points Ritz would have racked up had Don still been around to handle Ritz in his prime years.

He was one handsome dog!

#13 · (Edited)
very sorry for the loss it is always hard to here about a dog the passes
I also have a daughter of ritz and in less than a week she should have pups
hopefully they can be alot like grandpa
again remember all dogs go to Heaven

David Jansma
and Calli

#14 ·
When Randy Nisslet and Sharon and Mary Anne transported Don from Arizona to Missoula ( Don was to live a very few days after that-lung cancer) Ritz was with them in the moter home. Don died at his mother's house in Missoula at about 10:30am.Don was in the upstairs bedroom, Ritz was in the backyard. Upon the moment that Don died, there was a very long and pronounced wailling from the backyard- It was Ritz and he didn't stop crying for quite a while. After Jim (Don's cousin) Mitchell and I trained Ritz together and went to 2 National Amateur Retriever Club Championship stakes together. When Ritz retired he and Mary Ann were together and because of that Don was with her in spirit. A CHAMPION and a great competitor-BOTH Don and Ritz.

#15 ·
Don died at his mother's house in Missoula at about 10:30am.Don was in the upstairs bedroom, Ritz was in the backyard. Upon the moment that Don died, there was a very long and pronounced wailling from the backyard- It was Ritz and he didn't stop crying for quite a while.
Now you've got me all misty-eyed you old goat!

#19 ·
Man, I sure would love to see that Justin!! I'm gonna hold you to it now and keep bugging Chris until yall come through!

#21 · (Edited)
I have to tell this story a while after getting my Ritz daughter Calli we were watching Ritz run on the TV the srs and they through a mark and Calli watched the TV and went around the back of the TV to find the doken I know it sounds silly and crazy but my wife and I thought it was pretty neat father and daughter looking for the same doken
even though she had no idea who the dog was that was on the tv. we new

David Jansma

#22 ·
Did they ever collect him? Ive heard some amazing stories about him from several top pro's. I always wanted a pup out of him. So sadd to see him go but he did leave a good mark on this sport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.