The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Stunning White labs. for sale???"

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    I personally like the Chocolate, Vanilla and Licorice packages.
    It's certainly sweeter. I don't care much for licorice though. Maybe it could be the white choc, milk choc, and dark choc collection. Yum yum.
    Page

"Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go!" ~Christian Larson

DOn't diss the white labs...... Here's mine at 10 months.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bur Oak View Post
    The concern is not really a color issue, but what these types of breedings are doing to the genome of the breed. I recently saw a episode of National Geographics, Explorer series, on dogs. It was stated that their is a .2 % of 1% (.02%) difference in the genome of a Chihauhau compared to that of a Great Dame. It also brought up that most of the breeds we have today, were created in the last 130 yrs.
    Breeders like this are trying to make money, not a whole lot different than why anyone breeds, this includes most of those breeding Labs for the dog game market.
    Most of us breeding, do not have a clear understanding of the consequences of our actions.
    Don't take this the wrong way... but how is this guy any different that some guy with a lab "with papers" getting his dog together with his hunting buddy's dog "with papers" and making puppies....

There will always be people concerned with the "integrity of the breed" (but is it show or field???).. and those who breed whatever they want.
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com

Man, where can I get a "charcoal" lab? That would be something great to have.

Ok, the reason I posted this was the following...............
    I have been getting allll kinds of e-mails with regards to the government trying to put control on breeding. You all know what I'm talking about.
    I have trained or tried to train some of these "rare colored labs and the doodles " and have boarded many more.(many are on meds. from seizures to thyroid to you name it) I am still active in rescue work for Labs. and Goldens in my local area. It's a volunteer job that sometimes leaves me so dam angry
    Ask yourself , What purpose is he breeding a noname nothing Lab. to his boy BooBoo(and you know that the titles are meaningless to Johnny B. Public, BUT you can learn soooooooooo much more from that pedigree than the dog's accomplishments Right? (whatever his name is??)To better the breed? Are you nuts? To keep a puppy for himself??Nope! So he IS a marketing genius. WhoopEEEEEEE
    "Leddyman" have that bitch spayed!!!
    Just think about it that's all
    And yes it happens in allot of breeds.I have a sweet lady in town here the has "adopted" 2 retired Yorkie brood bitches. God what a mess they are. poor things!!!!!!!!!
    Where DOES it end??? Quality vs. Quantity.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm?
    SoapBox Sue

"El General"
    Show him the link to the CNM puppy posted as a sticky.(yotube)I have had first hand experience. It's a heart breaking and than knowing that "He" allowed that to happen???????????
    But hey..........."You can get $800-$1200+ for a puppy." That makes it all worth it right???
    SoapBox Sue

Quote Originally Posted by ginger69 View Post
    "El General"
    Show him the link to the CNM puppy posted as a sticky.(yotube)I have had first hand experience. It's a heart breaking and than knowing that "He" allowed that to happen???????????
    But hey..........."You can get $800-$1200+ for a puppy." That makes it all worth it right???
    SoapBox Sue
    Done and done.

Mike, No I do not think this guy is any different than most people breeding labs, except he has a pretty clear agenda, breeding for color.

Quote Originally Posted by Bur Oak View Post
    The concern is not really a color issue, but what these types of breedings are doing to the genome of the breed. I recently saw a episode of National Geographics, Explorer series, on dogs. It was stated that their is a .2 % of 1% (.02%) difference in the genome of a Chihauhau compared to that of a Great Dame. It also brought up that most of the breeds we have today, were created in the last 130 yrs.
    Breeders like this are trying to make money, not a whole lot different than why anyone breeds, this includes most of those breeding Labs for the dog game market.
    Most of us breeding, do not have a clear understanding of the consequences of our actions.
    Saw that. the 2 things that sttod out to me was the comment about breeding to the "flavor of the day" (popular stud) and the trouble it causes for the breed and the other was the 1 in 4 purebred dogs has a genetic "problem" (non-specific).