The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: Gas War.... what do you think?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Won't bring gas prices down

55 67.90%
  • Could bring gas prices down

14 17.28%
  • Will bring gas prices down

1 1.23%
  • Hope it doesn't bring prices down since I own so many oil wells

11 13.58%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas War....what do you think?

Default Gas War....what do you think?

Received this from one of our Puppy Buyers. Just wondered what the opinions are on something like this?

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worthy of your consideration..

Join the resistance! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by summer and it might possibly go higher! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a
    certain day" campaign that was going around earlier! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

Fo r the rest of 2008, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce the ir prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas
    buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
    group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and p ass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just are n't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION
    people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting togethe r we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
    Marty & Lesa
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers
    Fort Worth, Texas
    817-564-3560
    www.ramblinmaxx.com

Foolishness!!

Probably started by their competition.
    Last edited by subroc; 03-12-2008 at 08:53 PM. Reason: because

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...il-boycott.htm

Summary of the eRumor:
    A warning that gasoline prices in the U.S. could get close to $4 a gallon by summer. The email claims that a retired Coca Cola executive sent an idea that came from an engineer friend who retired from Halliburton. It suggests boycotting Exxon and Mobil, forcing them to lower prices.
    The Truth:
    It's clever to claim that this was suggested by an engineer who was a close friend of a retired Coca Cola executive but that doesn't conceal the fact that the message in this eRumor is not new. It's nearly identical to eRumors that have circulated before calling for a boycott of Exxon and Mobil.

There have been numerous attempts at grass-roots campaigns to affect gas and oil prices at the pumps through forwarded emails. None of them has ever had a measurable impact on fuel sales.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I want to know in what town you can still buy gas for $2.79?

Paying $3.29 a gallon here regards,

Rick

It'll never work. If it did make a dent in their retail sales, they'll just sell wholesale to other dealers (which is probably where most of their sales of refined products are anyway). Only people you're going to hurt are the independent ExxonMobil station operators.

Instead of targeting an American company with a campaign to counter a global supply & demand-generated situation, consider the fact that domestic gas prices are high because of the well-known fact that we import 75% of our oil (maybe not the exact %, but its staggering). If you really want to worry, realize that the US is now competing in every corner of the world to acquire reserves against the other global powers.

And, these other countries are shopping, buying and competing with us while THEY ARE SITTING ON THEIR RESERVES!

We had it easy 40 years ago when our parents (or the RTF youngsters' Grandparents) were paying $.25/gal. Back then China, Japan, Brazil, etc were riding bicycles while we were had a head start in becoming "the most civilized country in the world". Now that our reserves are depleted, we're going to either slug it out in a highest-bidder war against the ROW, or else get lucky and identify a renewable, infinite energy source to power our cars with.

ExxonMobil, who announced last week that they would be investing $125 Billion in capital projects over the next 5 years, may be the US consumers' only ally in maintaining domestic prices. Sure they're making millions every minute, but who else are you going to buy from? Shell? BP? Chevron? Petrobras? CNOOC? OPEC?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinmaxx View Post

we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers.
    Here's the idea:

Not with gasoline we don't. We already have the lowest cost per gallon in the world. The foreign companies that own the major gas companies can sell their gas for more elsewhere. They have quietly created economic Jihad. Ever wonder why all the gas retail stations have middle-easterners running them?

Want to get more miles per dollar? Buy a vehicle that gets 35 mpgs or better because the price will only continue to rise and it won't stop at $5. per gallon. Ford and Chevy are hurting badly right now and if they survive the next three years, it will be because they are building vehicles with over 35 mpg that people want to own. If not, we will all be driving 35mpg or better vehicles built by Japanesse and Koreans companies. That is except for the very rich.

The times... they are a changing. Our big V-8's and V6's will be dynasours within 10 years!
    Last edited by Franco; 03-12-2008 at 09:08 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Unhappy

No Kidding... My Diesel Truck...I need to pull my trailer... Diesel is $4.29
    Ouch.....
    Redstar Bloux Wing Masterpiece - ART
    www.Redstarkennels.us

Many investors took their money out of the housing market and the stock market and bought oil futures. When they decide to sell and take their profits the prices of gas will drop, but not before.

Jeff Telander
    Durham, NC

FC AFC CT Broad Reach Devil Made Me Doit CD "Sinner"
    Broad Reach Smarty Pants

Forever in my heart
    OTCh Broad Reach Diesel TD MH UDX2***
    CH Broad Reach Gripper UD MH
    OTCh R Labs Darth Wader TD JH
    OTCh Teracroft Topaz TD JH

You might save a few cents per gallon with this locally, but you might also piss of some station owners. In other words, you pick and publicize a boycott of a local station chain, until they come down to say $2.50. But even then it probably wouldn't work since the people in a hurry would just go to the one without the line.

We live in a global economy, and the purchasing that affects gas prices happens on a global scale. It would be almost impossible to do anything as little people. It should fix itself when someone gets hungry enough and starts looking to sell a little more of this high priced oil. In other words, someone will eventually break solidarity and up supply. It should be us, Canada, and Mexico.

tt
    mrgd

DISCLAIMER
    "You may not think I'm funny but I do, please don't take anything I say seriously because it's probably not."