The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Walk for Cancer (need some support)

Default Walk for Cancer (need some support)

Those of you here may not know her but she is the mother of a young man I have hunted with many times. His dad bought a dog from a flea market, his boy hunted and trained it and finished it at 12 years old as a World Reserve Champion Squirrel Dog. His story was featured in Outdoor Life, ESPN Outdoors and many other hunting magazines. The family is a true hunting family.
    Her name is Lisa Hileman, she'll be taking part in a 60 mile walk for Cancer and is looking for some help. She would like to raise $2200.00 for her walk and I can't think of a better representative to help out.
    Myself having lost three people in the last five years to Cancer and another in the process of trying to beat it. I would love to see a cure more than anyone. It will never bring my Dad back but maybe with a couple dollars it will help another from loosing there Mother, Father, Sister, Brother of Friend.
    I know times are hard with gas prices and rising costs to everything else but we can't forget to give a little to a good cause.
    If you would like to donate to Lisa's walk just click on the link and you can donate.
    http://08.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/P......&fr_id=1186

She will also be the driving force on a squirrel hunt this fall. The hunt for a cure will be held here in Pennsylvania and more information will be released soon.
    I will be contacting some of my suppliers for some good donations for hunt participants and guests. So be looking for us this fall and make a trip to Pennsylvania for a great hunt for a great cause. If anyone knows of any others that would like to donate to the hunt please let me know. The earlier we can get things together the better.

Thank you

Gary

Kristie Wilder

http://08.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/P...nal&fr_id=1186

I don't know if RTF is adjusting the link or not but the link in the original message went to the home page for the 3day, so I retyped it here. If you get to the main page, click on "donate now" and then type in Hileman in last name and PA for state and she'll come up....

-Kristie

Thank you Kristie, It was correct on another post, not sure what happened. I thank you for your support.

Gary

http://08.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/P...nal&fr_id=1186

The odds are you or someone you know will get cancer. I can't think of a better cause.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Sadly enough today this hits so close to home, my partner for 5 years and the mother of my child got results back from a growth on her leg today......CANCER..margins of the removemal where not clear...and a more in depth surgery will take place along with more tests on Thursday.

It is truly the most devastating disease I can think of. It effects just about anyone for no reason and treatment is sometimes worse than the disease.
    I have a sister in law that recently had a 12 lbs tumor removed from her ovaries. She also has a spot on her lung and possibly intestinal cancer. We just can't catch a break. I lost my father last year to esophogus cancer along with a friend of mines wife from the same a year before.
    The doctors thought I may have had bone cancer. So far so good on that note. I have to have more tests later but hopefully it is just a cyst.
    I thank those who have donated. Lisa emailed me today and couldn't belive that she had received donations from GA and CO. It is amazing the power of a group of hunters who have something in common.
    Again I would like to thank those for there donations and our prayers are with those effected.

Gary