The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogtra Service

Default Dogtra Service

OK, here is a gripe I never thought I would write. On the last day of the pheasant season (just my luck) I misplaced, or as my wife likes to say, I lost my orange collar of my 2002 T&B. That was Jan. 6. I searched high and low to no avail. I went back to the scene of the misplacement, nothing. On Jan. 10 I called Dogtra and told them I needed to order a replacement collar. No problem, they said. Just send in the transmitter so that they could get the frequency numbers and in a couple of weeks I'ld have a new collar. I did that on Jan. 11. On Jan. 30th I called to find out the status (couple of weeks). They said that they were returning the transmitter because they had what they needed but that my collar was being made over seas at their main office and it would be just a week or two. Feb. 28th I call and they have no clue. Tell me I have to send in my transmitter and I say I already did that and had it back. I was on hold two different times for up to 10 minutes. I was told that I should have my collar in a couple weeks (where have I heard that before?). March 24th I call and I'm put on hold for 20 min. and then told they would call me back before the end of the day to let me know when I could expect my collar. No Call (BIG Surprise). I call March 25th and get a different gal who says other gal I talked to the day before is in a meeting and she would get back to me. The next day the 2nd gal says the 1st gal had called me back on the 24th and said they would ship it the next week (Mar 31-April 4) and they would give a break on the cost of the replacement collar. (I never received a message from the first gal about a discount or when the collar was suppose to be shipped. April 4th, I call Dogtra and again, no clue. I'm on hold for over 5 minutes and then told that they hadn't received any shipment from over seas and that they didn't know when my collar might be in and shipped. 3 months I've been waiting now. I am very frustrated with Dogtra. OK, I feel better, welllllllllll not really. I just want my collar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent S View Post
    OK, here is a gripe I never thought I would write. On the last day of the pheasant season (just my luck) I misplaced, or as my wife likes to say, I lost my orange collar of my 2002 T&B. That was Jan. 6. I searched high and low to no avail. I went back to the scene of the misplacement, nothing. On Jan. 10 I called Dogtra and told them I needed to order a replacement collar. No problem, they said. Just send in the transmitter so that they could get the frequency numbers and in a couple of weeks I'ld have a new collar. I did that on Jan. 11. On Jan. 30th I called to find out the status (couple of weeks). They said that they were returning the transmitter because they had what they needed but that my collar was being made over seas at their main office and it would be just a week or two. Feb. 28th I call and they have no clue. Tell me I have to send in my transmitter and I say I already did that and had it back. I was on hold two different times for up to 10 minutes. I was told that I should have my collar in a couple weeks (where have I heard that
    before?). March 24th I call and I'm put on hold for 20 min. and then told they would call me back before the end of the day to let me know when I could expect my collar. No Call (BIG Surprise). I call March 25th and get a different gal who says other gal I talked to the day before is in a meeting and she would get back to me. The next day the 2nd gal says the 1st gal had called me back on the 24th and said they would ship it the next week (Mar 31-April 4) and they would give a break on the cost of the replacement collar. (I never received a message from the first gal about a discount or when the collar was suppose to be shipped. April 4th, I call Dogtra and again, no clue. I'm on hold for over 5 minutes and then told that they hadn't received any shipment from over seas and that they didn't know when my collar might be in and shipped. 3 months I've been waiting now. I am very frustrated with Dogtra. OK, I feel better, welllllllllll not really. I just want my collar.
    There really seems to be no excuse for this. They could have shipped a new one in the box in less time if it was a new sale....Its poor customer service. If it were me I would be talking with upper management.

Dogtra is a fine company i am suprised you have had to go through this i will pm you some contact info and you should be taken care of.
    Jason

I'm not trying to downplay your frustration. We all count on our training equipment every day and I can't say I'd feel any differently than you do, but your post is timely because I just dealt with dogtra customer service. I broke the dial that controls winger selection & mailed the transmitter in on Friday. Wednesday night I had a call saying my transmitter was fixed and was being shipped back to me and at a minimal charge for service. I should add that the need for repairs was entirely my fault-not due to a faulty product.

I hope this works out for you-I'm sure it will because I was very impressed with the service and I can't imagine them not making it right.

M
    "You can put pressure on a dog, you canít take it backÖ"

Mitch Patterson '07

MHR Wadin's Katie Lied CD, SH, WCX (11/25/93-1/27/07 Rest Well Kate)
    Brassfire's Brass in Pocket JH, WCX ** (4 Master passes)
    Brassfire's New England Patriot (New Pup!!!)

I'll send you $20 bucks to post on this waterdog site

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    I'll send you $20 bucks to post on this waterdog site

/Paul
    Now that's funny right there

I'm in for $10. Everyone chip in or that posting and he can buy a tri tronics, or even a sport dog. At least they will send you a new collar.
    mrgd

DISCLAIMER
    "You may not think I'm funny but I do, please don't take anything I say seriously because it's probably not."

Tritronics sent me a loaner collar to use when I had an issue with one of their collars.

Just a bit of an update. I was given the name of a Dogtra rep. by pm after my post. The Rep. who will remain nameless so that he doesn't get a flood of calls, made a couple of calls and found out what was going on with my collar and I am more than satisified with his response. He called me back within an hour or so of our conversation and explained the situation and I was very happy with his response. He was very cordial and informative. Not only am I happy with his progress in finding out what was going on but was very happy with the net result. So much so that I will be ordering a new 2502 T & B. I love their beeper collar for upland hunting. Thank you to Jason for the pm and thank you Dogtra rep. and Dogtra for their service. I will no longer have to go fisching for help when it comes to Dogtra products.

Glad everything worked out .
    Jason