The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Cows, the Constitution and more...gdg

Default Cows, the Constitution and more...gdg

COWS

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the Mad Cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. BUT, they are unable to locate 11 Million Illegal Aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

THE CONSTITUTION

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore...

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this:
    You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shalt Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians... it creates a hostile work environment.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Mr. Booty for President!!!

Booty! Booty! Booty!(chant)

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off. (Since I don't have to "prancing around a show ring" until Saturday. )

My husband was searched and interrogated by TSA this morning when he got on a flight in Bilings with three Dokken trainers and a check cord in his carry-on luggage . . .
    He figured they were worried he would bop a flight attendant on the head with a mallard and tie everybody up with the checkcord. He is Chinese American, which of course makes him more suspect. After they conferred with each other for awhile they let him go without confiscating the ducks.

I'm sorry. But, why would someone board a plane with three dokkens and check cord in their luggage. I'm sure there's a good expaination. Could you elaborate?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

We're living in two places... and have not officially "moved" to Ohio-- still having a fulltime household with dogs and livestock in Montana. However, I'm in Ohio with dogs that need to work... but all the stuff is in Montana!

So when Dear Husband planned his trip (Montana to Ohio), he packed a big box (the biggest the airline would allow)with some of the stuff left behind that it turns out we needed here. (Including lots of things that we have duplicates of in Montana and have none here. Ice cream scoop, dokkens, handbag, corkscrew, pillows, etc.)

Then he found out that the airline has a weight restriction (50lbs) and he was ten pounds over. (They charge you $50 for being over.) So he took out some heavier items and replaced them with lighter stuff from suitcase and carry-on. And put the heavier things in suitcase and carry on. Hence ducks and check cord in the carry on.

He is a pretty easy going guy and took it in stride, and we had a good laugh about it when I picked him up at the airport. The dogs sure were happy to see him and his pack of goodies.

They could have found a couple of illegal aliens on at least one of the farms that were inspected for mad cow. Unless nobody was working that day.