Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the bashing begin

Default Let the bashing begin

Here you go since this is the largest Labrador show in the county
    I believe something like 1600 entries
    http://tjotte.se/08show-potomac-start.html
    ________
    Zoomer
    Last edited by prophet; 02-23-2011 at 11:42 PM.

What bashing and why?

Must be a pretty good sized "county".

Jerry
    "Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"

I have attended this show for several years now, and competed in obedience up until about 4 years ago with my now 15 year old lab. Since this show is very close to my home, and right around the corner from my work I still stop by, and every year I leave with the same feeling...UGH! The whole time I am there walking around at the vendors or watching the show ring, I am trying so hard to not have that expression on my face of disbelief, how could they do this! These dogs are SO fat, so short, muzzles so short, heads way to blocky. Every year I hope for the more "moderate" dog, no such luck. This type of breeding holds no interest for me, so to each his own,I will continue to have performance bred labs, but really how can they defend such grossly obese animals...what is attractive about that on anything, or healthy?

I went to the Potomac last year and entered my older Lab in obedience. There were a couple of dogs in the conformation show that I liked, but generally, I had the same feeling that the overwhelming majority of those dogs were not suitable for real performance (at least not with all the extra weight that they carried).

Here is a photo of my show-bred Lab (from specialty type parents). He's around 75 lbs. His breeder thought that he'd look better with 15 extra pounds on him.

Beautiful dogs but alittle to chunky for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    I went to the Potomac last year and entered my older Lab in obedience. There were a couple of dogs in the conformation show that I liked, but generally, I had the same feeling that the overwhelming majority of those dogs were not suitable for real performance (at least not with all the extra weight that they carried).

Here is a photo of my show-bred Lab (from specialty type parents). He's around 75 lbs. His breeder thought that he'd look better with 15 extra pounds on him.

He looks great right were he is at!

Hell the guy in picture "A" is moving faster than 95% of all Field Trials can move....and that's a still picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    Hell the guy in picture "A" is moving faster than 95% of all Field Trials can move....and that's a still picture.

Gotta remember this is the assessment of an ex-jarhead that amuses himself by outrunning pissed off potential Big Macs while on crutches.

Seriously though I want want one of them fatboys. I'm thinking that I can strap 2 maybe 3 pizzas on his back and send him into the party as a kinda portable appetizer tray yas just call him over when you need chips and like that. Besides that they make me look a LOT skinnier which can't be a bad thing.

Full figured regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

I have never shown a dog in my life. But have attended a few big ones in Australia.

You know......the thing that really gets me, the judges and competitors all talk about top lines, angulation, bone, croups, heads including cheeks and eyes, coat, otter tails and their "set", and still most dogs move terribly.
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

sometimes poop under my boots.