The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TT Pro G2 users

I use the tone feature a lot. We do a lot of upland hunting in the fall. If you take a day and train your dogs that the tone feature is the same as your come in whistle you will scare a lot less birds. In addition, you won't look like a idiot to your friends. Also I can call in what ever dog is wandering to far out instead of using the whistle and have them all come in.
    Jason Brion
    www.jlbretrievers.com

HRCH Brion's Zoey MH QAA
    HR Ruff River's Black Magic Marker MH QAA
    HRCH JLB Rough's Roman Goddess MH QAA
    HR JLB Steady As A Rock JH

I have a Flyway as I prefer the nicks to the continuous for most training situations but still have continuous when needed. Also, no matter how long I hold that button down, the dog only gets a nick; when I'm frustrated I'm liable to hold the button down longer and don't want to do that to my dogs. As for the 500, with only two dogs, I don't think the extra $$$ is worth it. One of my training buddies got a 100 despite the rest of us campaigning for her to get a Flyway/200; the reason is that she is a bit heavy on the buttons and thus tends to fry her dog inappropriatly.
    Christine

An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger.
    Dan Rather

I went with the 500, so when it is time to sell it fits all needs.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by caglatz View Post
    I had a problem with my G2 receiver breaking where the strap slides through and TT fixed it under warranty - no questions asked with new receiver - there and back within a week. Their customer service is tops.
    I just mailed back my Pro 200 G2 transmitter yesterday. It's still under warranty, but it was damaged and not due to any product malfunction. I was very clear about this when I called, but as a "one time courtesy" they're replacing it for free. The person I spoke with was very pleasant. I'll agree with the above-customer service IS tops.

M
    "You can put pressure on a dog, you canít take it backÖ"

Mitch Patterson '07

MHR Wadin's Katie Lied CD, SH, WCX (11/25/93-1/27/07 Rest Well Kate)
    Brassfire's Brass in Pocket JH, WCX ** (4 Master passes)
    Brassfire's New England Patriot (New Pup!!!)

wow, TT customer service is top notch, i hear these incredible stories about them helping customers all the time, very nice.

my buddies who run labs all seem to have the Pro 200s and a few pointing buddies use the Pro 100s and other brands like DT and Dogtra. But its interesting that the lab people I run into always have a TT in their back pocket or holster.

Its amazing how important an electric collar is today. Sometimes I wonder if its "in" to have one of these tools. I don't know?! But its amazing how many people have them. I have yet to meet anyone with the 500 G2. Strange huh? I have talked to people who own them but no one in person yet.

My friend's father still has a TT Judge+ and uses it on his lab. But he just bought a Pro 200 G2 at Cabela's but it goes to show these things last the test of time.

I use the flyway as it's simple quick and easy to use for most of every day training. I am however going to pick up a 500 to use with the younger dogs during much of CC'ing.

I CC'd my current campaigning derby dog with an older style Flyway special. I have been using a G2 EXP 500 for about a year and am extremely happy with it.

I have found TT's customer service and responsiveness to be world class.

Shadow, as an alias, I'm not sure just who you are....maybe we have spoken in person already. If so, you HAVE talked with someone who uses a 500 G2~!!

Chris

500. I have two dogs that train completely opposite of each other. Flip of the switch and no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post

Shadow, as an alias, I'm not sure just who you are....maybe we have spoken in person already. If so, you HAVE talked with someone who uses a 500 G2~!!

Chris
    sorry i don't think so

If i had more than one lab in training i'd definitly look at the 500 but i only have one and don't see myself getting another dog anytime soon. she is still young at 1.5yrs old.

FWIW

I believe that the difference in levels on the TT's and other systems is done with manipulation of a combination of amplitude, pulse width, and duration. meaning that the fifference between a 2 low and 3 low is probably amplitude (voltage). BUT the medium and high is achieved by making the nick just a little longer duration but at the same voltage as a low. not sure if i'm making any sense. granted TT will not tell how they do it but I think I'm on track.

So I would think that it would be fully acceptable to just use the pro 100 by tapping the stim to create a nick. unless you just like to spend money I would use what you have and buy a winger or something.

It is assumed that you will not be able to recreate the exact "nick" every time but I am not sure that would be an issue. I'm pretty sure you can't apply the exact same amount of pressure with the heeling stick or ear pinch every time either.