The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TT Pro G2 users

Quote Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
    I use the tone feature a lot. In addition, you won't look like a idiot to your friends. Also I can call in what ever dog is wandering to far out instead of using the whistle.
    That is also why we use the tone at the hunting lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Wade View Post
    I just mailed back my Pro 200 G2 transmitter yesterday. It's still under warranty, but it was damaged and not due to any product malfunction. I was very clear about this when I called, but as a "one time courtesy" they're replacing it for free. The person I spoke with was very pleasant. I'll agree with the above-customer service IS tops.

M
    Miriam what happened to your transmitter?

does anyone know a complete history of the TT line from 1970-2008? i'm just curious. I just met a guy yesterday who still uses a 100 Lite and he got it used at a local Feed Store who has other old school TT collars. I am just curious about how TT has evolved I guess. I know this is totally off topic but its interesting.

I am new to e-collar training but I did buy the Pro 500 G2 EXP because I knew that I was in the future going to have more than 1 dog. I also went with the 500 for its flexibility with all 18 levels of momentary & continuous. During different stages of training you may need to use continuous or momentary depending on the task. That mixxed with being able to fine tune the level of stimulation to your dog is what did it for me. I knew that I would not be stuck trying to sell the collar because it was not capable of performing a certain function & therefor spending the same or more after I had changed to a different collar.

Doug

question, do u lab owners use the long probes or short ones?

I have the Pro 500 G2 NON EXP and am very very happy with it. I went with the non-exp because a few people I know with the exp model have had experiences where the toggle switch gets bumped from red to blue, or blue to black, etc. It does seem to switch positions very easily with minimal effort. I wouldn't want to think I'm nicking my dog in the box while my working dog is going uncorrected. Even if it happened just once that's too much for me. Anybody else have this occurance or ideas how to guarantee it won't happen?

Take a look at the dogtra 3500

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrice View Post
    I have the Pro 500 G2 NON EXP and am very very happy with it. I went with the non-exp because a few people I know with the exp model have had experiences where the toggle switch gets bumped from red to blue, or blue to black, etc. It does seem to switch positions very easily with minimal effort. I wouldn't want to think I'm nicking my dog in the box while my working dog is going uncorrected. Even if it happened just once that's too much for me. Anybody else have this occurance or ideas how to guarantee it won't happen?
    Take the collar off before putting in box. Guarantee they will NOT get nicked
    HRCH Rip's Fullhouse Jacks Over Aces SR Ace
    Color me Gone- Speed

Jack Gravely
    Aspire to Inspire before you Expire