The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA: Don't Believe Obama!!!

Default NRA: Don't Believe Obama!!!

On the Second Amendment, Don’t Believe Obama!

Friday, June 06, 2008

The presidential primary season is finally over, and it is now time for gun owners to take a careful look at just where apparent nominee Barack Obama stands on issues related to the Second Amendment. During the primaries, Obama tried to hide behind vague statements of support for “sportsmen” or unfounded claims of general support for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

But his real record, based on votes taken, political associations, and long standing positions, shows that Barack Obama is a serious threat to Second Amendment liberties. Don’t listen to his campaign rhetoric! Look instead to what he has said and done during his entire political career.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.

FACT: Barack Obama supports requiring law-abiding gun owners to register their firearms.

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama wants to eliminate your Right to Carry.

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.

FACT: Barack Obama supports “one-gun-a-month” sales restrictions.

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=3991
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Unfortunately, I think he is going to win. Republicans lost this election 8 years ago.

I'm one hoping he does win. We don't need to continue on Bush policies for another 8 years, policies that have lead to over 4000 young Americans being needlessly killed in a war started over Bush lies and misrepresentation, a economy on a sevear downswing due to Bush policies, oil at record highs, many infringements on our rights to privacy and due process of law. Thank about it, many of those things may not be important to you, but they are some of what our Nation was founded on. And there is nothing in there that says we can't own firearms. Bud

You Have Got To Be Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammer And Sicle Regards
    Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    I'm one hoping he does win. We don't need to continue on Bush policies for another 8 years,
    As any conservative can tell you, McCain is NOT Bush. Not anything near.

policies that have lead to over 4000 young Americans being needlessly killed in a war
    "Needlessly?" How naive. We now have our enemies in the Middle East attacking our military on their land, instead of our innocents on ours. I call that a brilliant strategy. What we need to do now is finish winning the war, and not retreat like Obama wants to do. Retreat would embolden our enemies and shift the battlefront to our motherland. Their defeat would dishearten them.

started over Bush lies and misrepresentation,
    It was Colin Powell that took our case to the UN based on our best Intelligence and the British Intelligence. The Intelligence was wrong. And that means Bush "lied?" Your bias is showing.

a[sic] economy on a sevear[sic] downswing due to Bush policies,
    What Bush policies have caused the economy slump? His taxcuts? That must be why, with solid Democrat backing, the idea to help the economy was to give back even more taxes (aka. "tax rebates)!

oil at record highs,
    Again, how is that Bush's fault? And you think Obama will do better? Before the 2006 election, Pelosi promised that if we elected the Dems to control of congress that they would institute "common sense answers" to the high price of gas. That was when it was $2.19 a gallon. What have they done? They held hearings, and gas prices are at $4 a gallon. By electing Dems all we have done is assure we will not drill for more oil, build any more refineries, etc.

many infringements on our rights to privacy and due process of law.
    That is spin, especially the hyperbole "many." The Justice Department and judges have looked at these accusations and found them essentially baseless. Yes, after 9/11 the government did institute some more stringent laws. But at the time, the administration would have been attacked if they didn't!
    Kevin Walker

I'm with you Bud. It's time for a change!! Obama may not be the perfect candidate, but he's a lot better than McCain. Quite frankly, I'd prefer Ron Paul above any of them.

Kevin,

Let's look at each of your points. . .

1. You talk about winning the war. What does victory look like?

2. You suggest that Bush was either truthful or Powell was untruthful. If I recall, Bush kept throwing reasons for the invasion against the wall until he finally found one that stuck. I think it took him 4 or 5 attempts.

3. The war has caused the economy to slump. If he had kept building on the Clinton surplus, we wouldn't have a national debt of nearly $10 trillion. You can't have a war and cut taxes! The people who think the war is the right thing to do are the ones who don't want to sacrifice anything. I think the tax rebates are ridiculous. We have become a nation in which everyone expects to be bailed out if something happens. People who were not creditworthy should lose their homes when they stop paying the mortgages!

4. The oil issue is the fault of the American public. Americans are unwilling to stop driving. As "W" once said, we are addicted to oil--that may be the only true thing he said during his two terms.

5. There is no doubt that this administration is the most secretive group we've had in office in a long time. It goes from claiming executive privilege whenever someone catches them in the act, to listening in on telephone calls without permission of the FISA court.

These are the reasons why so many people are disenchanted with the Republican party (in addition to the religious right hijacking the party--but that's coming to an end). The Republican congress gave Bush as much money as he wanted for war (with no oversight), allowed him to walk all over our civil liberties, allowed his administration to be the most corrupt since Harding or Grant, and spent like maniacs.

As I have heard, "I didn't leave the Republican party, the Republican party left me."

Get ready, because the Democratic majority in congress is going to grow substantially and there will be a Democratic president. I am confident that our system of checks and balances will play a larger role in government than it did when Bush, DeLay, Lott, Cunningham, Ney, Abramoff, Foley, Burns, and other corrupt Republicans. This bunch of Republicans is so arrogant that they can cruise men's rooms and hang out with prostitutes and not resign.

A recent saying fits me perfectly. . .

"I didn't leave the Republican party, the Republican party left me."

Senior Member Roughriding Woody's Avatar

I see one of those little locks coming....
    Nobody said it would be easy!

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    1. You talk about winning the war. What does victory look like?
    What kind of question is that? Seriously? Why does the left think it is a "gotcha?" Are they so inane logically?! Victory in Afghanistan and Iraq would look like Germany and Japan now -- independent, stable, and a small military presence by us if they want it (You do know we are still militarily in Japan and Germany, correct?). Victory against Islamic fascism, an ideology, is much more difficult and requires worldwide cooperation.

2. You suggest that Bush was either truthful or Powell was untruthful.
    No. See, as soon as someone says "lied," or was "untruthful," they expose their hand as someone biased and not interested in facts, because they must assign a motive in order to come to that conclusion. And the last I looked, none of us were God and could look into someone else's heart. Bush, Powell, Tony Blair, and yes even Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, both who also supported the war effort, were misinformed by the Intelligence community. They all made a mistake believing the information they were given, none of them "lied."

3. The war has caused the economy to slump.
    Bunk. First off, the sad fact is that war is good for the economy. It increases spending, puts people to work, and increases revenue. This was one of the reasons that FDR was so anxious to get into WWII, to try and grow us out of the Depression.

But even if it were true, then the left should have no argument because even they support the war at least the battlefront in Afghanistan.

The Republican congress gave Bush as much money as he wanted for war (with no oversight), allowed him to walk all over our civil liberties, allowed his administration to be the most corrupt since Harding or Grant,
    Absurd. Bush's administration has been less corrupt than Clinton's, much less Harding or Grant.
    Kevin Walker

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    I'm one hoping he does win. We don't need to continue on Bush policies for another 8 years, policies that have lead to over 4000 young Americans being needlessly killed in a war started over Bush lies and misrepresentation, a economy on a sevear downswing due to Bush policies, oil at record highs, many infringements on our rights to privacy and due process of law. Thank about it, many of those things may not be important to you, but they are some of what our Nation was founded on. And there is nothing in there that says we can't own firearms. Bud
    I personally feel that you need to put your crack pipe down for a while and think about the stupidity that has just come out of your mouth

Quote Originally Posted by mallard mauler View Post
    I personally feel that you need to put your crack pipe down for a while and think about the stupidity that has just come out of your mouth
    Recent graduate of charm school?

It is just a tailgate discussion regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci