The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GDG As if the Democrats aren't bad enough...GDG

Default GDG As if the Democrats aren't bad enough...GDG

Here's what the Republicans (at least one from Texas) are spending your time and money on.

Work on Texas GOP's platform stirs passions

09:02 AM CDT on Friday, June 13, 2008
    By WAYNE SLATER / The Dallas Morning News

HOUSTON Robert Hurt went to Washington and didn't like what he saw nudity in the nation's capital.

"Nude women, sculptured women," he told the state Republican platform committee, which sat in rapt attention.
    Of all the evils in Washington that the Texas GOP took aim at this week, removing art with naked people from public view was high on the list for Mr. Hurt, a delegate from Kerrville.

"You don't have nude art on your front porch," he explained. "You possibly don't have nude art in your living rooms. So why is it important to have that in the common places of Washington, D.C.?"

Mr. Hurt offered statistics: He'd heard that 20 percent of the art in the National Gallery of Art is of nudes.

He offered detail: On Arlington Memorial Bridge overlooking the famed national cemetery, "there are two Lady Godivas, two women on horses with no shirt on and long hair."

Actually, they are classical sculptures about war one called Valor, depicting a male equestrian and a female with a shield, and Sacrifice, a female accompanying the rider Mars.

The GOP platform will be presented today to the full convention. Like all platforms, it's a statement of principle and a political document to rally the troops.

In this, a presidential year, it advocates prayer in school, getting out of the United Nations, teaching intelligent design with evolution in science classes, repealing of the minimum wage, declaring illegal immigrants criminals and outlawing abortion with no exceptions.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    In this, a presidential year, it advocates prayer in school, getting out of the United Nations, teaching intelligent design with evolution in science classes, repealing of the minimum wage, declaring illegal immigrants criminals and outlawing abortion with no exceptions.
    These are good Ideas dont you think!!!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Nobody ever pays attention to these platforms anyhow, although this one sounds like a real waste of time in the day of obscene oil prices, ilsamofacism, and other real problems.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Looks like the start of another locked up thread. I can hear a couple of keyboards pounding as we speak.

One of the reasons that neither party speaks to me or for me.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Give me a break. Another instance of over-reaction.
    These sculptures are considered art and need to be left alone. The human body is a work of art, there is nothing wrong with having representations in our nations capital. If we continue to be so crazy about the little things, what happens when there is actually something to be crazy about? Do we then go ballistic?

Ducky

Smear the party by pointing out one nut. Typical.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

There are a lot of instances in todays society when people over react to a small thing such as a statue. Every person in a job now has to worry about what they do outside of work. If they are doing something legal but someone has a problem with it they can be fired or at least make the nations headlines.

All of these issues are used to influence a group of people they did not influence with a broad approach to campaigning. This is to get each and every little vote.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

THis thread reminds me of the teacher who got fired becuase of a swim suit!!!

LOL that is for ducky

I won't be moving to Texas,they are against nude women. Burkas soon to be on sale at walmart and a trailor park near you.