RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

GDG As if the Democrats aren't bad enough...GDG

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  subroc 
#1 ·
Here's what the Republicans (at least one from Texas) are spending your time and money on.

Work on Texas GOP's platform stirs passions

09:02 AM CDT on Friday, June 13, 2008
By WAYNE SLATER / The Dallas Morning News

HOUSTON – Robert Hurt went to Washington and didn't like what he saw – nudity in the nation's capital.

"Nude women, sculptured women," he told the state Republican platform committee, which sat in rapt attention.
Of all the evils in Washington that the Texas GOP took aim at this week, removing art with naked people from public view was high on the list for Mr. Hurt, a delegate from Kerrville.

"You don't have nude art on your front porch," he explained. "You possibly don't have nude art in your living rooms. So why is it important to have that in the common places of Washington, D.C.?"

Mr. Hurt offered statistics: He'd heard that 20 percent of the art in the National Gallery of Art is of nudes.

He offered detail: On Arlington Memorial Bridge overlooking the famed national cemetery, "there are two Lady Godivas, two women on horses with no shirt on and long hair."

Actually, they are classical sculptures about war – one called Valor, depicting a male equestrian and a female with a shield, and Sacrifice, a female accompanying the rider Mars.

The GOP platform will be presented today to the full convention. Like all platforms, it's a statement of principle and a political document to rally the troops.

In this, a presidential year, it advocates prayer in school, getting out of the United Nations, teaching intelligent design with evolution in science classes, repealing of the minimum wage, declaring illegal immigrants criminals and outlawing abortion with no exceptions.

See less See more
#2 ·
In this, a presidential year, it advocates prayer in school, getting out of the United Nations, teaching intelligent design with evolution in science classes, repealing of the minimum wage, declaring illegal immigrants criminals and outlawing abortion with no exceptions.
These are good Ideas dont you think!!! ;-)

#5 ·
One of the reasons that neither party speaks to me or for me.

#6 ·
Give me a break. Another instance of over-reaction.
These sculptures are considered art and need to be left alone. The human body is a work of art, there is nothing wrong with having representations in our nations capital. If we continue to be so crazy about the little things, what happens when there is actually something to be crazy about? Do we then go ballistic?

Ducky

#8 ·
There are a lot of instances in todays society when people over react to a small thing such as a statue. Every person in a job now has to worry about what they do outside of work. If they are doing something legal but someone has a problem with it they can be fired or at least make the nations headlines.

All of these issues are used to influence a group of people they did not influence with a broad approach to campaigning. This is to get each and every little vote.

#13 ·
In this, a presidential year, it advocates prayer in school, getting out of the United Nations, teaching intelligent design with evolution in science classes, repealing of the minimum wage, declaring illegal immigrants criminals and outlawing abortion with no exceptions.[/QUOTE]

I have to say that our country would be in much better shape if a lot of these things where the law...or against it.

Back when we allowed prayer in school, the main problem in the class room was chewing gum. Bet that one is high on the list now.

Why not call a goat a goat...if an illegal isn't illegal, then what is he/she. I see no reason why a person can't come here legally.

Abortion is murder...can't figure out another way of putting it.

Takes more imagination to disagree with intelligent design, than to agree with it.

The United Nations is one of the biggest gun grabbing institutions that exists.
They want us to conform to there bias. Don't believe I'd be for a total pull out, but if we don't enact safeguards, they will be the ones that we answer to.

#16 ·

Why not call a goat a goat...if an illegal isn't illegal, then what is he/she. I see no reason why a person can't come here legally.

[/QUOTE]

Question for everyone: Do we call someone who robs a store an illegal shopper or a criminal?

Just pointing out that political correctness is getting out of hand. Either they are criminals for breaking the law, or they are law abiding citizens of our country or law abiding visitors here on a travel or work visa.

#14 ·
...In this, a presidential year, it advocates prayer in school, getting out of the United Nations, teaching intelligent design with evolution in science classes, repealing of the minimum wage, declaring illegal immigrants criminals and outlawing abortion with no exceptions.
I am pretty disgusted with both political parties.

But, I expect this is a reactionary article from a left wing activist masquerading as a journalist.

Here is the 2004 national platform. I would be surprised if the 2008 platform differs appreciably from this one. When it is released, I will give it a look.

http://www.gop.com/images/2004platform.pdf

Page 82 speaks to prayer.

I am all for getting out of the United Nations. There are many references to the United Nations in the 2004 platform. Some positive many negative.

Nothing about intelligent design in the 2004 platform.

No problem repealing the minimum wage.

I believe illegal immigrants are already criminals.

Page 87 covers the abortion issue. I expect an extreme left wing nut could agree with this.

#17 ·
We are on the same page.

But how are they planning to round up all those criminal aleins when they can't do an audit to catch unlicensed engineers consulting for tech companies?

#18 · (Edited)
I got an email from a friend the other day, telling me he was going to live forever! They have determined that starring at women's breast for 10 minutes is as good cardiovascular exercise as 30 minutes of aerobics! I'll have to give it a try and see if it works, I hate a treadmill. Bill
________
AwesomeJane live

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.