Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Open talk...

Default US Open talk...

Incredible.

SM

But.....

Golf is boring.

Heard it was a cool finish though
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Isisisthename View Post
    But.....

Golf is boring.

Heard it was a cool finish though
    Weren't nuthin boring about this Open. Draining 30ft snakes to stay in contention, playin injured, no-name cinderella story golfer going head to head with the best the game has ever seen in sudden death.......... INCREDIBLE

Just like training an all-age dog, no one can appreciate golf until they've been humbled by trying to master it.

SM

I am a master of Golf on the Wii does that count?
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Tiger proves once again that he is all that and then some. 91 holes on a bad knee and getting it done in the end. I felt bad for Rocco though, poor guy will not have that level of success again. He lives here and has been the big story all weekend long. In the end though he can’t feel too bad about going 91 holes and being beaten by the best golfer in the world by only one stroke. I don’t remember anyone getting that far with Tiger and Rocco could have lost it after the fist 8-9 holes but he hung tight. I don’t really watch golf but I watched the end of yesterday and all of today’s round

I didn't know Shayne played golf until I saw this

Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I do not play golf but I was glued to the TV this weekend, as was Florence, when we were not out training. She put off working the dogs today until after the finish. It was incredible drama.

I was watching the MetLife blimp from my backyard and wondering why I did not attend. It is one of the very few major sporting events held in town that I have not attended including World Series games, NFL playoff games, NCAA finals, Golden Glove Championships, MLB All Star games, U.S. Ice Skating Championships, NBA Playoffs (when we had the Rockets). I partied in the parking lot for last Superbowl in San Diego. Lots of golf including the Buick Open and the Tournament of Champions.

This Open will go down in history with the NCAA championship I attended where my team won with John Wooden coaching his last game.

Russ

Russ

There was a lot of discussion in the gallery of the National Amateur today about the US Open. I wonder if folks at the US Open were talking about how many handled in the first series of the National Am? hehe

Thanks to the good Dr Ed for the Tiger/Rocco updates today. I got back to my room/tv as fast as i could today.

College World Series ain't to shabby either!

SM

Rocco is far from a nobody. But Yes it was by far one of the best five opens I have ever watched!

When you're the best, your luck seems to be the best also. When Tiger got the Eagle on Sunday on the hole where he chipped in with ball hitting the flag stick was unreal. Even he couldn't believe it. As fast as that ball was going when it hit the flag stick, that Eagle could have easily been a par or bogey. He would have lost to Rocco, and never had the chance to beat him in the playoff.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Isisisthename View Post
    But.....

Golf is boring.
    Yea. It's right up there with watching 100+ dogs run a double and a blind. Talk about exciting!
    About 25,000 people blew off work and went to watch the Open today. Proly twice that many at the National Amateur.

I like 'em both regards,
    Arturo
    Quote = "Maybe the "nice and helpful" don't know enough to know the original poster is an idiot." Achiro_Jan. 09

I don't own a dog. I'm a cat person. I'm only here for the GDG!
    Formerly known as WAH, W, Dubya & Dubaya