RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Things to do around Juneau, Alaska? GDG

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Truffle 
#1 ·
My wife and some girlfriends are heading that way next month and I promised her I would ask. They are budgeting a bit as well. Any suggestions of "can't miss" type stuff would be fantastic.

#3 ·
No, they are flying in. They are actually going to end up in Haines I think.

#4 ·
My twin lives on the Kenai, so no help there, but her son will be going to college in Juneau this fall and JUST got back from a week up there. I'll ask them what the "don't miss" things are. It's supposed to be beautiful country!! :)

M

#5 ·
OK, they they will want to book some type of a wildlife viewing boat charter/tour.
You know...whales, seals, birds, sea otters...
Unless, they like fishing. Then I would say a king salmon fishing charter would be a must. (They would likely see some whales on something like this too.)

#7 ·
We were just in Juneau. Overall, I was not impressed. There is a reasonable museum, a glacier, and an aerial tram.
Heh, heh. I was going to say that I've not visited Juneau and it is NOT on my list of place to go LOL.

#8 ·
They had talked about going to Sitka but its 7 hours south? of Juneau and Haines is 4 hours North(all by ferry I guess). They are open to anything I guess.

#9 ·
You are a very brave man or have a very modern wife to take her and your girlfriends along on vacation!:p

#11 ·
I can't be very helpful since I don't live near there. But I have clients who travel there and they say it is beautiful. They can hop on a boat and take a cuise around and maybe even catch some fish. I am quite sure they will have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.