RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Best tires for a dog truck

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  lablover 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have been using Uniroyal Larados, and have been getting 30,000 miles out of them. I have an F350 crew cab, single axle, with a 12 hole CPH box. Does anybody have any suggestions for a better tire? I'm looking at the Michelin LTX M/S.

Thanks for any insights, Buck

#5 ·
#16 ·
i am off to get a set of goodyear wrangler silent armor's put on this afternoon. suppose to be a very good tire. seems to have all positive responses on the link that is posted above. time will tell!
You will like them a lot. One guy in our club just bought his second set, after getting over 90,000 miles on the first set. I just put a set on my truck and I love them.

#7 ·
Not sure how you feel about them but google "high Tech retreads" great prices on retreaded tires. Love my set and paid 1/4 of the cost I would have for new. And for 31 inch tires 60 dollars a piece was a great deal.

#8 ·
Cooper Tires have been my choice for heavy duty applications. Be certain you chose nothing less than an "E" weight rating with the dog box.

My 350 currently has Goodyear MT/R mud tires. They suck. Supposed to be the best against puncture. I had a little sharp rock go right through the thickest tread and cause a flat---not worth $265 per tire----Back to Coopers for me.

#9 ·
I've got 88k on Michelin LTX MS, 265.75.16, on an 03 Surburban . Third truck I've had them on.
Goodyears, according to my friends that have them, do not wear well at all.
I rotate every 6,000 miles & run 37 lbs of air.

#14 ·
Michelins will give you the quietest ride & best mileage but the LTX M/S may not be available for your truck based upon the year & size of your tire. If not, the Michelin - LTX® A/T2 from Costco is a comparable alternative. BTW, I've not found a better price (drive out) on Michelins anywhere than Costco.

Also beware that some tire dealers will try to sell you the proper size but not the right load rating tire for your F-350 which equals lower mileage & poor ride.

#17 ·
The Michelin LTX AT2 are a viable replacement for the LTX MS. The tread depth is deeper, and the tread pattern is said to to better in the mud & snow. Milage is expected to be close to the LTX MS.

Check the Michelin web site for details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.