RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Pup Watching TV:

958 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  i_willie12 
#1 ·
I know this has been covered before....but it's about the funniest thing to watch my young dog watching the dog training video's. I swear he is soaking it all in! I've always wondered if he is seeing the pictures(I believe so?) or just listening? But it is really funny to watch him sit upright and focus on the tv!

#3 ·
my BLF will run down the hall when I am watching duck and goose hunting videos and a bird falls off that side of the screen. She can also be in a deep sleep and when she hears a duck of goose call will snap awake ears and eyes fixed on the screen. It's the funniest thing I have ever seen. The wife says she must be a little slow! LOL

#4 ·
My dog loves to watch himself on the TV. After hunt tests, which my son video tapes, I like to go back and watch them for learning and entertainment purposes. Well my dog will hear my whistle on the TV and come running and he will watch himself going through the hunt test. He gets all excited and wants to go outside and run some marks. Its pretty funny. Oh and sometimes he will stop to watch SRS on TV as well.

#5 ·
My dogs are totally responsive to Mike Lardy's voice on his videos. So much so that if I don't watch myself I find that I mimic his voice in training. Nothing worse than having a difficult obedience session and watching the dog sit perfectly for a voice out of a box.
Mark L.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.