The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's now illegal (Massive GDG)

Default It's now illegal (Massive GDG)

To operate a hand held cell phone while driving in Washington State. At the moment it's a secondary infraction ( they can't stop you just for that offense, but can issue a ticket if you are stopped for another reason.

Interesting thing is that the cop that is pulling you over is prolly tapping out your plate number a like that on the LAPTOP on the dash.

May have to get one of them green teeth headsets regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

I call mine "The Worm" The bugger you put in your ear hole looks like a big ol' leach.

B,

It's obvious to me. In Washington State you either have a beer or a cup of java in one hand and the cell in the other. How you gonna steer?:

Hey, there is even coffee flavored beer just in case you find yourself with the shakes and the jitters.....

Also now illegal in CA, but they can and do pull you over just for that. Report was 47 pulled over yesterday (the first day) in Roseville. Of course first offense is only $20.00

T. Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    To operate a hand held cell phone while driving in Washington State. At the moment it's a secondary infraction ( they can't stop you just for that offense, but can issue a ticket if you are stopped for another reason.

Interesting thing is that the cop that is pulling you over is prolly tapping out your plate number a like that on the LAPTOP on the dash.

May have to get one of them green teeth headsets regards

Bubba
    Wasn't this same law passed in New York a few years back? Actually, I think that it is a good idea. I have had more than one close-call in which the other driver was more involved in the cell phone conversation they were having than they were at being a responsible driver.

LSpann

Yeah, California's went into effect yesterday. No talking on the cell while driving, but texting is still ok! They are working on the amendment to that, but until then-go figure! Lawmakers, they really put a lot of thought into it.

Great idea...at least for hand held. I see way too many accidents these days just for that reason. Funny thing is, they enforce the seatbelt law, but let truckloads of "workers" ride around in the back of the truck.....crazy.
    You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Oregonians don't believe Washingtonians should be allowed to drive period. clearly the law is too lax up there....

/paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Yup they put extra police patrols out to catch those no good people who hold the phone to their ear and drive--Course they don't seem to find the money for extra patrols to catch the REEEEEEEAALLLLY bad guys.

Listened to the afternoon talk show yesterday:
    Guy got a ticket for talking on his phone hands free. Yes, I said hands free. He didn't want to purchase a head set and made his own similar to the picture posted on another thread here. He glued a velcro square to the back of the phone and made a strap to go around his head. The phone stays on his head near his ear, hands free and cop ticketed him anyway. Buddy in the car took a picture with HIS cellphone camera of the cop ticketing buddy with the buddies phone clearly "hands free". Said motorist will be taking his proof into court.

Can't wait to hear the end of THAT story!!
    Last edited by Lisa S.; 07-02-2008 at 05:32 PM.
    I reside on the left coast, but my ideals are right wing.
    LQP CN Double Hunter, SH (09/12/1996-12/22/2010)
    Waterstrike's Dynamic Amazon, MH (10/18/2000-09/08/2011)