The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you spend your 4th? (GDG)

Default How did you spend your 4th? (GDG)

Always fun to hear how different people in different parts of the country celebrate their 4th of July holiday...how did you spend yours?

We (my Sadie & I) had a nice long walk in the early afternoon (she couldn't go off lead because of the hordes of people...and I mean literally thousands...visiting/playing/barbecuing in and around our normal training area). Followed that with a nice (although short) visit from our son, daughter-in-law and two little granddaughters...then off to a barbecue party at friends'. That was fun spending the time with a nice group of friends, watching the fireworks across the water, enjoying good adult beverages and a tri-tip/ribs/chicken barbecue. And finally shooting off my buddy's miniature cannon (fires a 10 gauge blank)...seriously LOUD!

Got home early enough to still watch some of the bootleg fireworks on our beach from our bedroom window...and to be entertained by the local cops racing around trying to catch all those hardened criminals with the firecrackers, sparklers and bottle rockets (you know who they are: the 6-10 year old kids with their parents). Just a note: illegal fireworks in California (this year especially) aren't a good idea in general, but I'm talking about those who were shooting them off out into the ocean from the beach. Still illegal...but still...

Hope everyone had a safe and fun one, and that the good times continue through the rest of the weekend!

Our 4th weekend is pretty well revolving around my wife delivering our third daughter. We spent the 4th swimming at a relatives house and having a little BBQ. Today we are spending the day at the Hospital getting ready to have our new little baby girl within the next few hours.
    TRAVIS SKEEN

Quote Originally Posted by tshuntin View Post
    Our 4th weekend is pretty well revolving around my wife delivering our third daughter. We spent the 4th swimming at a relatives house and having a little BBQ. Today we are spending the day at the Hospital getting ready to have our new little baby girl within the next few hours.
    WOW!!!! That's awesome. Congratulations!

Eric W
    "I never let schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by tshuntin View Post
    Fantastic! Surely no one can top that! Wow...another "puppy" on the way! Hope everyone is well, healthy and happy! Congratulations!

Hot here!

Spent most of the day round a BB grill,, relaxin on a lawn chair, with an adult sugar free beverage balanced on my,, naked,,, exposed,,, TANNED,,,chisled abs!!!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Yesterday I went into work. I had no plans so I would rather take the holiday another time. Trained today with my regular training group and will train with them again tomorrow.

The closest thing to fireworks was all the dogs got flyers today!!

Andy
    Last edited by Andy Carlson; 07-05-2008 at 06:24 PM.
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks*** - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

We spent the holiday taking a day off from dog training! Not completely of course, they each got about an hour of OB(not Scout of course, he is just 14 weeks so he got several 10 - 15 minute sessions between playtimes) in the morning and I took Indy on a 2 mile bike ride. In the afternoon, we took the boat out for the first time since October and just cruised up the sound and around Beaufort. It was a beautiful day, a little choppy but ok. (no dogs this trip). For the evening, we had a neighborhood party going on at the pool, with hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, chicken, on and on and on! After dinner we all went down to watch the 3 fireworks show visible from our place, Port Royal, Hilton Head and the best of all Parris Island right across the river from us! Great show and good time!

To top it off, Ralph and I went up to the hunt club today and shot guns. I am learning to shoot pistols and got pretty darn good with the semi-auto 380 and an antique Colt 38 special. He sighted in his rifles and target shot his S&W 500 magnum hunting pistol. A t-storm moved in before we could get out the shotgun and clays, so back another day for that. Great fun.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

We I.E. Jus Ducky and myself just returned from a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean so we were on a big boat!!!
    WTF WAS WE THINKING I.E American Voters

Dropped off my washout pup to her new owner. Ended up with food poisoning later in the day...happy 4th.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Helped to set up the Senior test for our club, took the judges to dinner and beening the single rock star that I am, watched the Macy's fireworks from bed. Up early today to marshall the test and yes, run. We received our first Senior ribbon and I won new gun case at the raffle. The weekend rocked.

Mary Beth