The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T. Boone Pickens GDG GDG GDG

Default T. Boone Pickens GDG GDG GDG

I thnik he is looking in the right direction.

http://www.pickensplan.com/

I know he has a vested interest in this plan, but like he says “I am 80 years old and have 4 BILLION dollars, I don’t need any more”
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Anybody named "T. Boone" is a cool dude in my book!

The commercials are good.

SM

He's right though, we have to start looking at alternatives to foreign oil. He's definitely on the right track. If we can substitute renewable energy sources that can sustain us when the nonrenewable sources are tapped out, our future generations will have a fighting chance.

---------
    Ducky

The best alternative to foreign oil is domestic oil. I read Picken's opinion piece in the WSJ this morning. Buried deep in the article he finally says "drilling in the outer continental shelf should be considered as well...". He should have started his opinion piece with this.

I respect Pickens like everybody else but he's talking his book. Lower oil prices don't do his nat gas company any good which is probably why he isn't pushing drilling for oil domestically. Don't get me wrong....I'd love to connect my truck to a natural gas hookup in my garage. That's cool. But oil's still king and we should drill for it.

I still like what they're doing with solar thermal projects in southern California. We could do the same in west Texas and I understand they can store that energy for up to 20 hours.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=27917

As far as solar, the best solar collectors is biological (plants).
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I know he has a vested interest in this plan, but like he says “I am 80 years old and have 4 BILLION dollars, I don’t need any more” [/SIZE][/FONT]
    He still wants profit for his beloved "COWBOYS". His donations to OSU are re-invested into his energy fund at 30% to 40% returns. Only the money earned in the funds are being spent at OSU.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

I understand that he will gain from it, but I would much rather T Boone and the Cowboys or any other AMERICAN benefit from energy much more so than OPEC. I would also much rather see American entrepreneurs using their own money (some gov funding ok) to develop and bring forth new alternative sources than I would the government or a foreign country. While he did bury his remarks about drilling the shelf, I get the understanding that drilling is still a big part of his “plan” as it should be. I do not foresee any way to do away with big time oil consumption for at the very least 50 years and maybe 100 years or so. It is as he says, our problem and WE can fix it.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

The saddest thing of all is the amount of money we spend annually on foreign oil. This year almost $700 billion on imported oil. It absolutely makes me sick everytime I go to the gas station and fill up. As Pickens says..."that's money leaving the U.S. and going to foreign nations"

Our government has sold us down the river.

i would call it corporate welfare. why does the government have to spend our tax dollars on this. if it is such a great idea, deal, whatever let the free market decide. we the taxpayers should not have to subsidize all this alternative fuel ideas
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Boone is one of the smartest investors I have ever seen. I have made several stock purchases in the last 3 years based on info. from Boone. Have not lost any money. Have really done well with the natural gas & solar energy investment. Mucho money!!
    He will try to make this presidential race about energy & may just do it.

This is my Chant. Boone for PRESIDENT. Could be worse (OBAMA)

A Texan Opinion
    While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year-old Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his bid to be our President.
    The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle.'

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was.

The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself,... he doesn't belong up there,... he doesn't know what to do while he is up there,... and you just wonder what kind of a dumb ass put him up there in the first place!