RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Master National Merchandise

3K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Lady Duck Hunter 
#1 ·
I'm wondering what items some of you might be interested in seeing from the HOST club of the Master National this year? OR

Are you planning on just purchasing items from the MN Club and not from the host club?

Just curious what people's preferences are, if any, and what we should/could have on hand.

Thanks,
Michele

G
#2 ·
I'm wondering what items some of you might be interested in seeing from the HOST club of the Master National this year? OR

Are you planning on just purchasing items from the MN Club and not from the host club?

Just curious what people's preferences are, if any, and what we should/could have on hand.

Thanks,
Michele

Thanks,
Michele
Have you been to a master national before??? LOL... EVERYTHING SELLS! And usually within a day or two. haha

T-shirts and hats FOR SURE. I will always buy at least a t-shirt from each.

Palestine had handlers jackets that were really nice. I would have bought one if I needed one... One of my clients did. I really like it.

I think decals are cool... And cheap. Lots of good places to buy online at good deals. I would buy a few, put on my truck, etc.

Umbrellas are always a good idea because we all use them for not only the rain, but the sun and as something to hide with sometimes.

I think it might be fun to get something for the dogs, like bandanas or something silly... But that's me. I'm corny like that.

On that note, make sure they don't forget to buy the "year" plastic adhesive things that go with the circle plastic adhesive things... The yellow with blue writing that we get each year. I know/think the MN is now responsible for their own merchandising... Make sure you remind someone!

I'm not going to be there, wish I was... :(

-K

#3 ·
On that note, make sure they don't forget to buy the "year" plastic adhesive things that go with the circle plastic adhesive things... The yellow with blue writing that we get each year.
Huh? :D

FOM

#4 ·
Have extra test catalogs that observers can buy and watch the event. Never enough items to buy. Handler jacket and sweatshirts great.

#6 ·
Those "stickers" are sold by the MN so the hosting club is not able to sell them...

#7 ·
Oh Kristie....you'll be missed at the National for sure....I am not sure if I am going either...no dog...*sigh*..but I might be taking a friend's, not sure yet....

Anyway....fleece vests, fleece jackets....and like Kristie said...handler's jackets are always nice..dog people seem to buy anything and everything that is on the table.....but surely you must have T-shirts....everyone buys them...Sue Shaw

G
#9 ·
Oh Kristie....you'll be missed at the National for sure....I am not sure if I am going either...no dog...*sigh*..but I might be taking a friend's, not sure yet....

Anyway....fleece vests, fleece jackets....and like Kristie said...handler's jackets are always nice..dog people seem to buy anything and everything that is on the table.....but surely you must have T-shirts....everyone buys them...Sue Shaw
Shoot, if you have time to qualify and want some of my girls, I'd love for them to go... :) If I had thought about it sooner, I would have farmed them out to handlers looking for more dogs to run... ugh

I'll miss seeing everyone... :( Hopefully next year...

-K

#10 ·
Kristie, darn, that would have been perfect...I would absolutely loved qualifying them for you and taken them.....keep that in mind for next year....(if you are not able to make it)...Sue

#11 ·
Michele, I'll reply to your PM but on this topic, the host club is not allowed to sell any merchandise with their club logo at the national. The only merchandise that can be sold is strictly controlled and will only be for the Master National club. Don't let the club spend a ton of money stocking up on merchandise thinking you'll have a chance of breaking even on hosting the event.

/Paul

#12 ·
When did this change? Clubs have never been able to sell items with the MN logo but have been able to sell items with the local club logos...

#14 ·
When did that change? I know for a fact that merchandise has been sold until the event ends...

#16 ·
I'm with you on this Nancy.

Unless the club sells out of club items on the first day of sales, I have seen merchandise being sold by clubs at the events I have attended. If there has been a change, it must have been recent.

#18 ·
Paul, When were you told that?

I was part of the MN hosting club in 2005 and was part of the group that ordered and sold the local club merchandise. That year we had 3 clubs getting together and hosting the event. We designed a special logo for the event and sold that merchandise through out the event.

I agree that sweatshirts, handler's jackets, and T-shirts are the biggest movers and local club hats also seem to go as souveniers.

#19 ·
Salem retriever club probably still has clothing from the 02 national, and it came up during our club discussion about hosting the event next time it came out west. The cons outweighed the pro's when it came to hosting the event in our minds.

/Paul

#20 · (Edited)
I have club logo stuff with the MN logo from every year since 1977. That has NEVER been a policy to the best of my knowledge. Marin had some kewl stuff last year and even made sure to have it in sizes to fit us full figured girls.

The MN even splits the take on the stuff they sell with the hosting club. It's in EVERYONES best interest to make sure the host club makes money.

Just saw the remark about the Salem club stuff. We sold out the first day and could have sold 3 times as much stuff. Salem club made good money on the event.

Told you not to listen to that old man, but nooooooo.....

Talking to the wrong end of the horse regards

Bubba

#23 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies any help is appreciated!

I'll share what we are planning so far...

For sure:

2 kinds of caps - camo and Dri-Duck
T-shirt
sweatshirt
Polo
Duffle bag
Fleece throw
Fleece cap
Zipper fleece jacket
coffee mug
wild rice

Not sure yet:

Handler's jacket
denim, camo, and shooter's long sleeve buttom up shirts
lanyards
decals

There will also be some training equipment available and an area guide/training sites guide.

Not sure about quantities, colors, and breeds yet that will be available but hopefully something for everyone.

Thanks,
Michele

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.