The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I think God must be mad at me.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Don Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    999

    Default I think God must be mad at me.

    I think you all know about my Belle dying unexpectedly. Well, I got hit again today, literally. I'm coming back from training and less than a mile from home. I'm approaching an intersection and for some reason, I just had a funny feeling. I'm only going about 40 or so. There is a stop for the N-S drivers at this intersection, but not for E-W drivers. I'm driving west. Like I said, I had this funny feeling as I was approaching the intersection. I don't know why. There was a woman in a van stopped at the intersection, who was going to be going northbound. There was one of those big Asplundh tree trimming trucks heading the same way I was, but stopped in the left turn lane. I lost sight of the van as I went past the Asplundh truck. I tapped my brakes due to the funny feeling I had, but continued on. I reached the intersection and there she was. She had blown through the stop sign. She broad sided me from the driver's door forward. Thank God I had tapped the brakes because otherwise, she may have T-boned my dog trailer.

    So, now, I am without a vehicle, trying to train for the SRS starting Friday, planning to head up north to train no later than Weds and I have no vehicle. Finally, I'm able to find a Suburban to rent. I need something that big because I am taking all 11 dogs. But, I can't get it until Monday at 8:00 a.m. I am about to give up. I swear.
    HRCH Meglyn's Honest Abe MH
    HRCH Meglyn's Maramaxx Daisycutter MH (Daisy)
    SHR Meglyn's Eye on the Prize JH (Molly)
    Meglyn's Timbrhuntn ValleyGirl (Lilly)
    Meglyn's Prime Time to Leave Me Lucille (Lucy)
    Meglyn's Lionheart (Little Guy)
    In memory of Chevy, HR Meglyn's Silverado Slim SH, July 20, 2006. I miss you, buddy.
    and HR Meglyn's Blue Ridge Belle MH, July 19, 2008. I miss you, Baby Girl.

    www.meglynretrievers.com

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Vicky Trainor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    God isn't mad at you! It sure seems like He let Belle send a little feeling to her Dad to tap those brakes!!!

    There are more than Angels watchin' over us regards,
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"
    ____________________________________________
    Training is not science, it is art. A blend of this, a measure of that, a deep breath at the appropriate moment and always a loving touch.

    Some people are like Slinkies.. Not really good for anything..
    But they still bring a smile to your face when you think about pushing them down a flight of stairs.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Derry Pa Blackhawk's Southern Cross SH CD 9/22/93 - 7/15/08
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Like Vicky said he ain't mad, he actually slowed you down so the trailer wouldn't get hit.

    Don, if you could figure how to get it I could let you use my truck. Short bed Chevy with 2 crates permanent and can fit 2 more loose. Reese hitch.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Richard Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    RIVER BOTTOMS
    Posts
    1,918

    Default

    Thoughts and Prayers brother!!!


    Keep ur chin up!!!



    Richard
    SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS..........

    HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander " Gander"
    Merlyn's Full Limit of Green "Limit"

    www.ducksloughkennel.com

    Romans 8:28

  5. #5
    Senior Member JusticeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Illinois/Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Smith View Post
    I think you all know about my Belle dying unexpectedly. Well, I got hit again today, literally. I'm coming back from training and less than a mile from home. I'm approaching an intersection and for some reason, I just had a funny feeling. I'm only going about 40 or so. There is a stop for the N-S drivers at this intersection, but not for E-W drivers. I'm driving west. Like I said, I had this funny feeling as I was approaching the intersection. I don't know why. There was a woman in a van stopped at the intersection, who was going to be going northbound. There was one of those big Asplundh tree trimming trucks heading the same way I was, but stopped in the left turn lane. I lost sight of the van as I went past the Asplundh truck. I tapped my brakes due to the funny feeling I had, but continued on. I reached the intersection and there she was. She had blown through the stop sign. She broad sided me from the driver's door forward. Thank God I had tapped the brakes because otherwise, she may have T-boned my dog trailer.

    So, now, I am without a vehicle, trying to train for the SRS starting Friday, planning to head up north to train no later than Weds and I have no vehicle. Finally, I'm able to find a Suburban to rent. I need something that big because I am taking all 11 dogs. But, I can't get it until Monday at 8:00 a.m. I am about to give up. I swear.

    The Universe only sends us the amount and complesity of challenges we can handle. You must be plenty strong, and have plenty of angels watching over you. Belle was watching over you, and her canine friends.

    Have a safe journey.
    Susan

    FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    God isn't mad at you! It sure seems like He let Belle send a little feeling to her Dad to tap those brakes!!!
    Too bad it wasn't quick enough to avoid the accident. Hope everything turns out OK.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

  7. #7
    Senior Member Don Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Like Vicky said he ain't mad, he actually slowed you down so the trailer wouldn't get hit.

    Don, if you could figure how to get it I could let you use my truck. Short bed Chevy with 2 crates permanent and can fit 2 more loose. Reese hitch.
    Thanks for the offer, Dale, but I think I have it under control.
    HRCH Meglyn's Honest Abe MH
    HRCH Meglyn's Maramaxx Daisycutter MH (Daisy)
    SHR Meglyn's Eye on the Prize JH (Molly)
    Meglyn's Timbrhuntn ValleyGirl (Lilly)
    Meglyn's Prime Time to Leave Me Lucille (Lucy)
    Meglyn's Lionheart (Little Guy)
    In memory of Chevy, HR Meglyn's Silverado Slim SH, July 20, 2006. I miss you, buddy.
    and HR Meglyn's Blue Ridge Belle MH, July 19, 2008. I miss you, Baby Girl.

    www.meglynretrievers.com

Similar Threads

  1. I am as mad as hell...
    By Richard Halstead in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 06:42 AM
  2. FC AFC Crow Rivers Cougar's Mad Max
    By Echo41725 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
  3. (MN) FC-AFC Crow Rivers Cougar's Mad Max
    By elcinc in forum Classifieds - Stud Service (wanted or for stud)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 03:25 PM
  4. kinda makes me mad
    By D1 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
  5. FC-AFC Crow River Cougars Mad Max
    By AlexM in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •