The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet stuff

Default Wet stuff

Check it out we are getting wet

This baby wrapped up a lot tighter once it got off Cuba. So far the wind is only about 15 mph with a few gust near 20. Tonight will be the fun part.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I swear, from the satellite pics it looks like the center is already well east of the predicted landfall! I'm hoping that at least some remnants will make up into mid SC. They are about to dry up and blow away.

Are you getting any wind yet?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

That is what it looks like on radar, but the true center is near the middle keys right now. It is coming up the west coast and then it will get a push up across the state and up your way. The heaviest rains are on the other side of the state from me right now as the east side of the storm always holds the most water. We don’t need the rain but it would not hurt either. What we don’t need is the wind taking out power. Way to hot to be without A/C
    Very little wind right now 15 mph with a few gust to 20. Naples has gotten a bit higher and the keys were reporting 50mph about an hour ago
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

My parents are visiting my sister's family in Naples. They were suppose to leave in the morning, but they moved the flight up to sometime tonight. That radar looks like they should be leaving now.
    Terry "Bud" Cunningham
    Kankakee River HRC

Good luck, Corey. They are saying 25 to 50 mph winds for us, with some gusts higher. Power outages likely. I have enough gas for 3 days of generator use and diesel for one day of tractor use. Not many trees left after Charley. If I don't need the gas, I'll use it to get to Thomasville at the end of the month! Gas has gone up 5 cents a gallon in the last 2 days.
    $2.65 still isn't bad.
    Tom Dorroh

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    Good luck, Corey. They are saying 25 to 50 mph winds for us, with some gusts higher. Power outages likely. I have enough gas for 3 days of generator use and diesel for one day of tractor use. Not many trees left after Charley. If I don't need the gas, I'll use it to get to Thomasville at the end of the month! Gas has gone up 5 cents a gallon in the last 2 days.
    $2.65 still isn't bad.

If that is not a typo I am moving up there. We are $3.58 here. I have enough for about 3 days on the generator, but maybe it won;t be needed, If not I will put it in the boat, but......there is another system working its way across the Atlantic.....
    Corey Burke

Let me clarify this, did you say up to FIFTY mph? FIVE-ZERO? If so, thats a normal spring day around here, how the heck is that going to knock out power?

Just a little rain to fill the ponds

I sure hope some of that rain makes it to Virginia.
    I'm tired of running water blinds where the dog leaves a dust trail behind him!
    <--- Dooey, MH
    MHR Duckmates Fly Guy MH 05/17/94 - 07/17/08 "Flyboy"
    Candlewood Court Magician JH 1/31/02 - 8/2/12 "Magic Man"

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Let me clarify this, did you say up to FIFTY mph? FIVE-ZERO? If so, thats a normal spring day around here, how the heck is that going to knock out power?

We have lots of trees, which I know are kind of rare on Oklahoma, that fall on them. Not very strong trees, but lots of em. Look we live in a state that let the Army Corps of Engineers totally devastate the everglades and then allowed them to handle the “restoration” of the everglades. Go figure let the people that screwed it up fix it. Hurricanes since the beginning of time and you think somebody would figure out that underground power lines MIGHT be a better bet?
    Actually it is pretty boring right now. Wind has picked up a little bit but I just checked the sea buoy and the seas are only 3-4 feet so the calm before the storm maybe. Everything is 30-40 miles south of us and has been most of the day. Keep waiting and it keeps trying to rain. Radar looks very ugly just to my south, but it is just taunting us. The good thing is it is still a TS. Now they are saying it will hit us about 1 am as a cat 1.

BTW- archio it is the tornados and lightening that come along with the storm that takes the power out. Remember you get the sustained wind along with squalls that have even higher wind, lightening, and tornados. I would gather you can relate to that kind of weather too and know good and well that puts your power out when it happens.
    Last edited by badbullgator; 08-18-2008 at 06:34 PM.
    Corey Burke