The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: National Field Retrieve Association

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Default National Field Retrieve Association

Anybody hear of it? Someone posted a link on another site and it goes to a page that doesn't exist and google can't seem to find it.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

NFRA, wasn't that the hybrid field trial/hunt test venue that surfaced 10 years ago and was talked about here extensively? They held a few events and then disappeared.

That is kind of what I thought too, but I just don't recall exactly what it was
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I think it was centered up in the northeast somewhere. Was it moscowitz who was one of the promoters?

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American, though it may be too little too late now.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Moscowitz a promoter absolutely not. I have enough problems running AKC. How did my name come up?
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE (SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH) work in progress
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( work in progress, Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    I think it was centered up in the northeast somewhere. Was it moscowitz who was one of the promoters?

JS
    i think it was more in the Oklahoma area. I guess I could do a search on here, but I seem to remember some of the OK area members being involved. I could be completely wrong.
    Corey Burke

NFRA was headed up by Joseph McCann - Rockerin Retrievers.

It was a fun program with a great concept. But in the end, there were already many organized retriever events, with schedules that were already in place.

I attended a few of the events and judged. Others involved, and I'm sure to omit names were: Richard Cheatham, Joseph McCann, Patrick Johndrow, Uncle Bill Spitzer, Dan (Polock) Kotarski, Frank and Val Plewa, Richard Davis, Shayne Mehringer, Jay DuFour, Dana Giovanello, Don Cobb, Justin Tackett, Miriam Wade, Tim West, and the list goes on.....

Corey, if you have more specific questions feel free to let me know and I may have an answer.

Chris

NFRA was a cool concept, but it has not been run in several years.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Just saw a dog with titles from them and wondered what it was all about.
    Corey Burke

Belle earned the MFR title (Master Field Retriever). She was the top ranked Female when the program ended. The tests were challenging, and a lot of fun.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.