Orijen Regional Red?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orijen Regional Red?

Default Orijen Regional Red?

Does anyone have a review of this food or feed it currently?

My plan was to switch from Dr. Tim's Kinesis to Dr Tim's Pursuit but with it currently being out of stock and others stating that it had happened before I'm considering other options.

Looking at PPP Sport 30/20 or the Orijen Regional Red 38/18

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradybuck View Post
    Does anyone have a review of this food or feed it currently?

My plan was to switch from Dr. Tim's Kinesis to Dr Tim's Pursuit but with it currently being out of stock and others stating that it had happened before I'm considering other options.

Looking at PPP Sport 30/20 or the Orijen Regional Red 38/18

Thoughts?
    Just a suggestion...Have you look at the Loyall™ Premium Pet Foods...my local feed store carry's it and my 5 dogs are doing very well with it...just a thought....

my penny....

I've tried Orijen but dog always had loose stools and dog was always hungry. The food just seemed to go in one end and out the other.

I had good luck with Farmina grain free fish but got tired of the price tag.

I tried to buy Dr. Tims but since it is unavailable I bought Annamaet---worth a look if you like Dr. Tim's.

Edit: Farmina is an Italian food that is marketed somewhat like Orijen.
    Last edited by mitty; 06-12-2016 at 08:50 AM.

If you want to use the best dry food on the market try Abady. It is not kibble, it is a lightly processed granular food that is 800 calories per measured cup. It isn't heated and it looks like oily coarse sand.

32% protein, 29% fat. I have never seen dogs runs as cool in summer. Easiest clean-up of anything I have used.

http://www.therobertabadydogfoodcolt...nt_Stress5.htm

It is very popular with protection dog trainers and owners and been on the market for 40 years.
    Last edited by MunsterBraccoLab; 06-12-2016 at 09:04 AM.

I use Orijen and switch between Regional Red and Six Fishes. My dogs love the food, stools are good and they are in great condition. It has always been available on Chewy.com with free shipping. I'm now taking a "wait and see" stance since the manufacturing has been moved from Canada to a plant in Kentucky. So far, no complaints.

I have fed red and 6 fish. The dogs did well with both. I can find it locally but need to remember to stock up before going hunting as it is not as readily available at most places that sell dog food.

It is a bit expensive! If I get another dog I will need to reconsider feeding Orijen due to price.
    Brian B
    Columbus Minnesota

Home of Sergeant of Camp Three - "Sarge" -puppy

In Memory Of:
    JH, HR Roy of White Bear "Roy" 2009 - 2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by BJGatley View Post
    Just a suggestion...Have you look at the Loyall™ Premium Pet Foods...my local feed store carry's it and my 5 dogs are doing very well with it...just a thought....

my penny....
    ingredients are less than impressive to say the least. was tried before with trainer, didnt last long. never seen so many dogs draggin' their butts along the lawn....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Krueger View Post
    ingredients are less than impressive to say the least. was tried before with trainer, didnt last long. never seen so many dogs draggin' their butts along the lawn....
    Trainer friend of mine had the exact same experience. He ended up on Victor Hi-Pro and has been extremely pleased. I am very happy with Victor as well.

I fed Regional Red in rotation with 6 Fish and Adult Grain Free for a couple years. I was very pleased with it and would still be feeding it except I went from 2 dogs to 5. The food bill was a little higher that I wanted pay.
    Sonia Liedman

Orijen is a good food. We have used it--as well as Farmina, Dr. Tims. Just didn't work as well for all our dogs. Annamaet seems to be the happy medium for all of them.