RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

EIC Results - Feel free to post RESULTS here!

406K views 600 replies 431 participants last post by  Shipley91 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, it is now a commercially available test!

http://www.vdl.umn.edu/services-and-fees/canine-neuromuscular/canine-exercised-induced-collapse-eic/index.htm

Please feel free to post your EIC results under this sticky heading.

Please also be sure of any information you post as fact about genetic science. It may not be readily evident, but I do get contacted behind the scenes by concerned parties. The concern is valid and centers around misinformation getting posted on widely-read threads, which then becomes generally accepted as fact. Sometimes it is no big deal. Other times, it really can mis-serve the purpose of the board by propogating misinformation. So please, if you are going to cite statistics, factual scientific genetic info, etc. please have some science or valid reference to back it up.

In short, as always, please be accountable for the information you post on RTF. Please also remember that the EIC test just came out as commercially available. Be considerate to others in the manner in which you present your results, please.

Also, I want to clarify that I have not at all had issue with any of the folks at the Univ. of MN. It has been a while, but I have spoken with some of the folks there, long ago when the test was under development. They have NEVER contacted me with any issue about some of the misinformation that folks have posted on RTF. I'm not saying that they never will, but so far, they have not. Nonetheless, please be mindful that the paragraph in bold is followed. Thanks!

Thanks! Chris

(My apologies to Mark Sehon. I tried to merge his results into this thread and I botched it all up! So I have tried to restore his results thread to its original condition.)

See less See more
#501 ·
Where do you ORDER THE KIT FOR EIC. Are they doing it for Goldens yet. I know labs are being tested. The last 3 tests. EIC, PRA, and Thyroid. Kodi's tests have been negative for Thyroid. I forgot to the OFA form. Does any one know?

Here is link to OFA database

http://offa.org/display.html?appnum=1296702#animal

http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=239587

Kodi foot is now heeling so it is time for more training down south this winter with his Favorite Pro. The ground is too frozen and cold here in Mass.

#503 ·
Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH EIC/CNM Clear
Marshtown's Shaken Not Stirred SH EIC/CNM Carrier
Briarglen's Running on Faith EIC/CNM Clear

#507 ·
Eromit's Tennessee Trickshot - EIC Clear D12-001996
Eromit Casper's Shadow JH - EIC Clear D12-001997

#509 ·
Where were the tests done for sire, dam and litter?

#512 ·
HRCH CPR Wind River SST MH EIC Clear

#513 ·
Five-Point Abigail's Duk Devil MH - Carrier

#514 · (Edited)
"Willie" (FC AFC Badger State Ram Kicker ex Jolor's Rejuvenator MH), Y/M, dob: 12/2/11, AKC # SR70942108, Microchip #047886843, EIC Cleared VPI - Accession number: D12-006820, CNM Cleared by parentage

#517 · (Edited)
Sandhill's Oz-Mo, QAA, 24 Derby points- CLEAR
(FC AFC Premier's Iron Man Ozzy x Ashland's Tipatina)

BlackFoot’s In The Nik Of Thyme- CLEAR
(FC AFC Badger State Ram Kicker x Stumptowns's Worth The Thyme, MH CD RA NA NAJ)

Ashley's Candlewood Patton, QAA- CARRIER
(NFC AFC Five Star General Patton x FC AFC Candlewood's Rita Reyonolds)

#523 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.