RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

It's Sarah Palin - GDG

28K views 248 replies 84 participants last post by  K G 
#1 ·
It's Sarah Palin - GDG

Wonderful Choice.

Thanks Alaska!

#5 ·
Which party represents change now.....long time Senator Biden or conservative FEMALE from Alaska Sarah Palin

Great job republicans......

Don't you know the Hillary backers are pissed now...:p

#10 ·
Which party represents change now.....long time Senator Biden or conservative FEMALE from Alaska Sarah Palin...
Interesting choice.........I thought McCain's whole argument for his side was EXPERIENCE. Picking a VP that appeals to the conservative base does not seem like much change either, but then again he did just lock up Alaska's 3 electoral votes.

It sure is going to be interesting....................

#8 ·
From what I had heard I was hoping she would get it. Great choice!

#9 ·
I agree. I think it is a winning ticket. I would appreciate any feedback from the Alaskans on Sarah Palin; good, bad or indifferent.

#12 · (Edited)
Well now, isn't that just something.

Interesting choice. Clearly not main stream. Clearly not a beltway insider. Hummm...interesting.

More Research Required Regards,

Joe S.

P.S. - If anyone has some links to stuff she has written, please send them my way. TIA...

#13 ·
Very interesting indeed.

I recall that she gave birth to a baby boy last April with Down's Syndrome.

She sure has a lot on her plate!

JT

#15 ·
Very interesting indeed.

I recall that she gave birth to a baby boy last April with Down's Syndrome.
She sure has a lot on her plate!

JT
not by any means at all am I taking a shot at you, but I give her that much more credit for doing this. She could have taken the easy route, and aborted or give the child up, because it would be harder. It shows a level of confidence in herself to me, it says "throw your best curveball at me life, I am ready for it!"

standing tuff and tall regards

NCA

#14 ·
This does a couple of things, she has executive experience leading a state, the only one on either ticket to serve in an executive capacity. As a female she ought to help convince a lot of Hillary supporters and there are some already committed to vote GOP. Perhaps she can also convince the new Pres to drill in ANWAR and help get the legislation thru the Senate.

#72 · (Edited)
Yea, a lot of experience leading a State -- 2 years into being a first term Govenor but on the up side she was a Mayor of a city with 5,000 people.

Should 85 year old McCain not make it through his first term (if elected) I am sure she would have plenty of experience to run a country.

#17 ·
She is also a strong "reformist" and has worked on eliminating corruption and excess spending in the Alaskan gooberment.

#20 ·
Yeah she has a baby with Downs so she will never be able to be vp.:rolleyes:
The Carters had Amy and that was pretty much the same thing....:D
I really doubt that is an issue and if anything ma attract the female vote from the other side to some extent.
I like this pick much better than I did when I first heard about him thinking of picking her. The more I looked into it the more I like her.

#25 ·
#22 ·
Interesting indeed...

Governor Palin has a lot going for her....Hard to believe though - Alaska having a VP running mate, woman, at that! It will be quite interesting to follow the media frenzy over this one....

Juli

#27 ·
probably because they are still trying to get the 'inside' scoop....early in AK still ya know.

Juli

#30 ·
Picking a 40-something first term governor is a good way to drive home the idea that a 40-something first term senator is too inexperienced to serve as president....

It's still about the smartest move that the McCain campaign has made. It is certain to bring a lot of the Hillary zealots folks into their fold.

Get ready to hear a lot about ANWAR, and a lot about the State Trooper incident. And, abortion is going to be back front and center now, as Obama's folks try to get the Hillary supporters to stay with them by hammering her on that issue. It definitely changes the race.

#36 ·
Picking a 40-something first term governor is a good way to drive home the idea that a 40-something first term senator is too inexperienced to serve as president....
As you do not appear to understand the difference - 2 term City Council member, 2 term Mayor & 2 year Governor - I believe that to be executive level experience - & apparently she has many of the instincts that normal people have, including a willingness to crusade for something many think unattainable - remove corruption from government.

I believe McCain sent a message with this choice about CHANGE that hopefully the voting public is capable of understanding.

#33 ·
I think that Corey was being sarcastic in the first line. I think he believes she'll be fine being VP, Down's Syndrome baby or not.

Amy Carter will have to sort herself out. You're on your own with that one buddy.:D

#37 ·
Sarah Palin is a commercial salmon fisherman, put the other would be governors in place during the primaries when Frank Murkowski and John Binkley were bickering and told them that the Alaskans deserve discussion on the issues and not bickering. She has put through a deal on the gas pipeline which previous governors couldn't do. She pushed through an ethics reform bill on taking office and this was needed in our state right now. She hunts (is a lifetime NRA memeber), is a hockey mom, has a son who enlisted in the army a year ago on Sept 11. She was on a state championship basketball team, was a local beauty queen and in the running for Miss Alaska, her husband has won the Iron Dog three times (a snowmobile race following the Iditarod sled dog race). She was on a state energy commission and when the attorney general didn't act on a misconduct issue which she had reported in her superior, she resigned in protest. Following all of that she has done a solid job in cutting government waste since being elected governor. A VERY good choice IMHO.

#41 ·
NBC has the official announcement from McCain right now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.