The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What a Joke, Gov Sarah Palan for VP GDG

Default What a Joke, Gov Sarah Palin for VP GDG

McCain really stepped in it this time. He must like pretty faces, that is all she brings to the ticket. We have a governer who does not have enough political clout to get a drunken state trooper fired who use to be married to her sister. No national political experience. She has 1 1/2 yrs experience as a gov of a state of 650,000. Thats smaller then most small cities in the lower 48. Palin's other political experience is as Mayor of Wasilla, a town of 20,000. AND THEY EXPECT HER TO BE ABLE TO STEP INTO RUNNING THE COUNTRY IF NECESSARY!!!. Give us a break. Palin would be no way qualified to run this country if something happens to McCain. She ran on a ticket of ethics reform, yet she has acted in some very unethical ways, firing the Public Safety Commisioner whom she hired herself, because he wouldn't fire the trooper. The GOP is going to need all the help it can get with this ticket. Bud
    Last edited by Bud Bass; 08-29-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    McCain really stepped in it this time. He must like pretty faces, that is all she brings to the ticket. We have a governer who does not have enough political clout to get a drunken state trooper fired who use to be married to her sister. No national political experience. She has 1 1/2 yrs experience as a gov of a state of 650,000. Thats smaller then most small cities in the lower 48. Her other political experience is as Mayor of Wasilla, a town of 20,000. AND THEY EXPECT HER TO BE ABLE TO STEP INTO RUNNING THE COUNTRY IF NECESSARY!!!. Give us a break. She would be no way qualified to run this country if something happens to McCain. She ran on a ticket of ethics reform, yet she has acted in some very unethical ways, firing the Public Safety Commisioner whom she hired herself, because he wouldn't fire the trooper. The GOP is going to need all the help it can get with this ticket. Bud
    Dude...the jury is still out on this one but you may want to check the tree you are barking up.

Still Researching Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

You're right ak. Obama's 173 days of senate experience makes him MUCH more qualified to lead the greatest nation in the world.

I do respect the fact that you come from the same city that she was at one time mayor of, it does carry some weight. But I also feel that so far the same could be said about the person the democratic party choose to RUN THE NATION. Obama will not need to step up "if" something happens he is expected to step into office and "KNOW" what to do. Some big question marks there in my book. Both sides of the spectrum, have this one fact to rely on, there is "help" for both when it comes to making decisioins. I didnt necessarily like GWB getting elected for a second term (although i liked it more than the other option) but I relied on the fact that I liked the republican parties philosophy on government and politics, and I knew that he had a good supporting staff.

I have been researching her over the last few days, and i will need to continue to do so, but I will say I like what i see so far.

NCA

Akblackdawg,

I notice you're a resident of Wasilla. Would care to further share your observations. You're in a better position to do so than most of us.
    I find this choice very interesting. I have to wonder if there isn't a Rove like figure some where in the background.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I don't normally agree with Bud on politics. But he might be right. I can't help but think she's a small town politician over her head as governor. Time will tell but I'm not onboard with McCain's choice of VP.

I have been wrong before and could be here also.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

It's mainly a tactic to sway the female voters left abandoned when Hilary stepped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_C View Post
    You're right ak. Obama's 173 days of senate experience makes him MUCH more qualified to lead the greatest nation in the world.
    Kinda thought the same thing Rick.

I'd rather have a V.P. without the experience, than the President without the experience. Let's see...one year is 365 days + the other half of a year, thats another 182 days. Let's see...she has 547 days compared to Osama's 173...by my math, thats 374 more day's of experience that him. Perhaps she should have run for President then.

Hmmm senate vs governor... I'll let you decide which one bares more responsibilities.

I am from IL and we are still wondering what Obama has done for us other than run for Pres.
    Paul Kartes
    Lakota Retrievers