The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No Way Obama GDG

It's the 2nd that guards the rest. Without that one, the government can take away all the rest, and we'll be unarmed to stop them...

Don't need assault weapons?? Of course we do!! Ever seen a guy standing on his rooftop keeping people away from his house and family safe from a riot? I have on the news... it's not so hard to imagine it either. What if the US were ever invaded by China (with a 1.5 million man standing INFANTRY. That JUST the Infantry, not to mention the Tankers, FA-men, and Support Personnel), or invaded by Russia? Are we as civilians going to wait for the Police to arrive? I'm protecting myself before I trust another to do it for me.

You know the reason our Forefathers put the 2nd in? So, in case the federal government became too strong, the civilian population was arms and could forcefully overthrough the government. If that ever happened... who do you think the civilians would be fighting??

The US Armed Forces... what are we going to fight them with?? Sticks and Rocks?

I AM in the Army, and I should be AT LEAST as well armed as the US Army is... well, maybe not Field Artillery, but you know. Our guns rights aren't so we can go hunting, its to protect ourselves from the government...
    Last edited by Legacy 6; 09-07-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

What scares me most is, if I am correct, that if Barry Obama (as he was called most of his life) is elected, Nancy Pelosi would be third in line for the presidency. Lose either the Pres or the V-Pres and there is Pelosi - as dangerous as or more than Barry...
    When it quits being fun...we retire!

Nancy Neipert with
    Skeeter, my avatar (Deepwoods Off and Fly'n High, MH, MNH, MN09,10, 11.
    Gypsy (Windigo Deja Voodoo Gypsy Pearl, D List, QAA, MH) MN10 & to MD11
    Mary (Stellars Proud Mary) first Lean Mac dog
    Ted (Deepwoods Spirit of the Wild), now the baby & Suzie's grandson...
    Suzie (Watermarks Slough Foot Sue, MH, 2000-2011 - Farewell dear companion)

Quote Originally Posted by SueLab View Post
    What scares me most is, if I am correct, that if Barry Obama (as he was called most of his life) is elected, Nancy Pelosi would be third in line for the presidency. Lose either the Pres or the V-Pres and there is Pelosi - as dangerous as or more than Barry...
    Hell she is already third in line...will be no matter who is elected

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Hey Pat answer me this please, why is it that when the Republicans or the Democrats carry on and say they will protect your rights such as the right of free speech you all go crazy and applaud them for being such good civil libertarians but when somebody chooses to exercise that rightlike say to demonstrate at say a National Convention there called extremists or loons. The point is EVERYBODY has those rights, not just the ones you might agree with.
    because, as far as I have seen, THE LOONS and EXTREMISTS are destructive
    did you even see a deminstration, march, or rally outside the DNC. NOPE...but the loons felt it approiate to CAUSE a RIOT, commit acts of VANDALISM and very unprofessionally INTRUPT the KEY SPEAKER the PRESIDENTIAL CANIDATE Sen. John McCain

why is that, why go there? March, protest, speak your PEACE..BUT DO IT PEACEFULLY.

That is the reason people say they are LOONS, and EXTREAMISTS...because things are EXTREAM

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Hey Pat answer me this please, why is it that when the Republicans or the Democrats carry on and say they will protect your rights such as the right of free speech you all go crazy and applaud them for being such good civil libertarians but when somebody chooses to exercise that rightlike say to demonstrate at say a National Convention there called extremists or loons. The point is EVERYBODY has those rights, not just the ones you might agree with.
    Because it’s a private party so to speak…you can believe and say whatever you want but you will not be expressing liberal beliefs at the Johndrow 4th of July BBQ.

We could have every law conceivable to regulate guns but how many people honestly believe it will stop criminals in any way? Criminals will do whatever it takes. Honest law abiding citizens should be allowed to possess any weapon that the non abiding citizen does. The day we outlaw all guns(like Australia) is the day the criminal jumps for joy. McCain/Palin ...for sure.
    Mountaintops Mc Adoo ,
    Mountaintops Golden Expectation JH WCX ,
    Lacrosses Ris'n Ruby MH WCX **

Certain guns are made to kill people and certain guns are meant for hunting. An assault weapon is made to kill people.

McCain/Palin--she's too stupid to even be on the Sunday talk shows. She's not fit to lead our country. It reminds me of "Ma and Pa Kettle Visit Washington."

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    It reminds me of "Ma and Pa Kettle Visit Washington."
    Seriously?
    Princess Darla of Nottingham MH ***
    Copper's Darlin' Rascal "Spanky" ***
    Spanky's Darlin Rascal "Wheezy"

Yellow dogs rule the world!

Seriously, she is such a lightweight that it's scary. I can't wait until they ask her about the capital of Georgia (not the one south of the Mason Dixon) or about the new Pakistani leader. In addition to being far more extreme than the average American, she has no clue about foreign policy. She had to get a passport recently so she could visit the Alaska National Guard troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    It's the 2nd that guards the rest. Without that one, the government can take away all the rest, and we'll be unarmed to stop them...

Don't need assault weapons?? Of course we do!! Ever seen a guy standing on his rooftop keeping people away from his house and family safe from a riot? I have on the news... it's not so hard to imagine it either. What if the US were ever invaded by China (with a 1.5 million man standing INFANTRY. That JUST the Infantry, not to mention the Tankers, FA-men, and Support Personnel), or invaded by Russia? Are we as civilians going to wait for the Police to arrive? I'm protecting myself before I trust another to do it for me.

You know the reason our Forefathers put the 2nd in? So, in case the federal government became too strong, the civilian population was arms and could forcefully overthrough the government. If that ever happened... who do you think the civilians would be fighting??

The US Armed Forces... what are we going to fight them with?? Sticks and Rocks?

I AM in the Army, and I should be AT LEAST as well armed as the US Army is... well, maybe not Field Artillery, but you know. Our guns rights aren't so we can go hunting, its to protect ourselves from the government...

You know that is the most insightful thing I have read and gives me hope for the next generation.

I salute you Sir!

Mr. Remington…please read the above comments and become enlightened.