RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Gun laws in the PRC of Maryland GDG

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  john fallon 
#1 ·
I went to my friendly local gun shop today to get a box of .410 shells so that I can start asassinating some squirrels soon. While there I heard the clerks grousing about a good customer who was denied a handgun purchase permit by the Maryland State Police. The reason? AN UNPAID PARKING TICKET. I know that felony and some misdemeanor convictions get you a denial but a parking ticket???

#2 ·
Bob
Could that have tuned into a felony if he did not pay and did not show up in court? Seems there must be more to the story

#3 ·
No the only thing that is done with parking violations is A you can't get your tags renewed, B if they catch the vehicle parked in the jurisdiction where the violation took place they will put a Denver Boot on your car. C they add a bunch of fees to the original fines.

#4 ·
Any outstanding debt to the state can be a reason to deny a permit or gun sale. I guess in a way if you have an unpaid ticket you have a problem with the government, and might be buying a gun to solve it....

#6 ·
What if he has 100's of them? I don;t know just guessing something more to it

#7 ·
During one of my divorces I was denied the purchase of a shotgun at first.
The reason given was simply the pending devorce litagation:confused:

This ruling was overturned upon appeal.

john

#8 ·
I have seen that happen before.
ONE of your divorces?????:D:D:D

#12 ·
I know a guy whose ex-wives could get together and file a class action lawsuit.

I would move to Alaska regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.