The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GDG A Question about John McCain GDG Political

Default GDG A Question about John McCain GDG Political

Okay, I heard something today, and I am skeptical because certainly very little has been made of it (if it's true) in the press.

Did John McCain really have an affair with Cindy while he was still married to his previous wife, Carol, after Carol had been confined to a wheelchair from injuries sustained in a car accident?

I can't imagine this is true, as I can't see the G.O.P. (or Sarah Palin, for that matter) squaring with an adulterer.

Has anyone else heard this? Or was the person who told me this just spreading rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Okay, I heard something today, and I am skeptical because certainly very little has been made of it (if it's true) in the press.

Did John McCain really have an affair with Cindy while he was still married to his previous wife, Carol, after Carol had been confined to a wheelchair from injuries sustained in a car accident?

I can't imagine this is true, as I can't see the G.O.P. (or Sarah Palin, for that matter) squaring with an adulterer.

Has anyone else heard this? Or was the person who told me this just spreading rumors?
    It is true.

I believe there has been quite a bit made of it in the press over the years considering he has been married to the woman for 28 years. It is only when bottom feeders try to make hay of something that happened years ago. No real news here really, just common knowledge of the history of a very public figure.

What again does this have to do with the GOP and Sarah Palin?

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    It is true.

I believe there has been quite a bit made of it in the press over the years considering he has been married to the woman for 28 years. It is only when bottom feeders try to make hay of something that happened years ago. No real news here really, just common knowledge of the history of a very public figure.

What again does this have to do with the GOP and Sarah Palin?
    For heaven's sake, relax. I was just asking, because frankly I didn't believe it. My friend is not "a bottom feeder," but I thought she must have her facts confused. In terms of the G.O.P. and Sarah Palin; the Republicans have never exactly come across as the party of "free love." Conservatives are, well, conservative and I think the party has long prided itself on taking the moral high ground. But if the shoe was on someone else's foot, you have to wonder if the response would be so sanguine.

And you know that in a Presidential race both sides bring out plenty of ancient history.

I don't really know what a liberal view is for how republicans "come accross" or what their view is of "conservatives are, well, conservative" but here is a link to the party platform for your edification.

http://www.gopplatform2008.com/2008Platform.pdf

Yeah, thanks. I didn't see anything about free love there, or that it's okay to have an affair as long as you marry the co-respondent. Quite a lot on traditional marriage and an exhortation for states to review their divorce laws to help support marriage.

I'm an independent, not a liberal, so I don't know what the "liberal view" is either, though I think we are all aware of the cultural role each party has adopted. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    ...I'm an independent, not a liberal...
    Really????

From the Wikipedia entry for Cindy (Hensley) McCain:

Hensley met John McCain in April 1979 at a military reception in Hawaii.[22] He was the U.S. Navy liaison officer to the United States Senate, almost eighteen years her senior.[23] McCain and Hensley quickly began a relationship,[23] traveling between Arizona and Washington to see each other.[14] John McCain pushed to end his marriage of fourteen years;[22] Carol McCain and John McCain stopped cohabiting in January 1980,[24] and Carol accepted a divorce in February of 1980,[22] effective in April 1980. John and Cindy were married on May 17, 1980 at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix.

They both were struggling with injuries at the time; however his ex-wife Carol and McCain are still friends, she supports him in 2008, and he has fully accepted responsibility for his actions almost 30 years ago. Time to focus on issues.
    Last edited by ErinsEdge; 09-08-2008 at 06:51 AM.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

I thought adultery was considered a badge of honor with democrats? After all, wasn't it Mr. Clinton who changed America's understanding of what goes on in the Oval office. Not only did he fiddle about in the White House but he also shook his finger at me (and the rest of America) and lied about it. Lied to his Cabinet. Lied to his wife. Lied to his child. Lied about it until the blue dress. And he was a sitting President.

So McCain's issue it adultery? If so please weigh it against Mr. Obama's heavy drug use earlier in his life. He refers to himself as a junkie and a pothead in his own book. He did cocaine and pot regularly and McCain slept around. What are you going to do?

Politicians play to their own rules. William Jefferson with his freezer full of money, John Edwards with his adulterous love-child (with his wife battling cancer), Eliot Spitzer's high-priced hooker, the Idaho senator playing footsies in the bathroom, Ted Kennedy driving/drowning skills, Bill Clinton's intern fling, McCain's affair and Obama's junkie/pothead life. The list goes on and on.

I believe the real story is two parts...

First: He has been married to Cindy for almost 30 years. He knew her before, but didn't start "seeing" her until after he was seperated from Carol. Cindy is about as far from reproach as one can be.

Second: Carol has supported John his entire career. This campaign is just another thing that John is doing, and the women in his life support him in.

All the other crap aside, if we fired everyone who did anything wrong in government, we wouldn't have anyone up there... and as conservative as I am, we do need SOME government... that still stings a little. That being said, the poo-slinging gets so tiresome. I've lived in Battleground states my whole life: Minnesota, Colorado, Kansas... And though I have to say from the Republican side, when it come to their television and radio ads, McCain has stayed pretty diluted compared to many other candidates I can recall. I remember some REALLY nasty stuff in Minnesota when I was in HS...

There is just SO much information out there that you're not likely to get the truth on anything because the news media is like Wikipedia... I can go on there and change history according to my opinion and my perspective on events... scary.

MSNBC "News" Regards
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"