The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHOA! Southern California RC CHALLENGE TROPHY on eBay!!!

Default WHOA! Southern California RC CHALLENGE TROPHY on eBay!!!

CLICK HERE.

I am sorry if I offend anyone, but I am of the opinion that this is totally inexcusable!

Traveling Trophies, Challenge Trophies, etc., these special trophies need to belong in the Retriever Hall of Fame when they are retired!

These are not the usual weekend warrior placement trophies. These are inscribed with the names of decades worth of winners. Often some of the greatest dogs of all time are engraved as winners!

These trophies need to be enshrined. Not put up for sale on eBay where they are bought for the value of their metal, and then melted down.

Where are you Southern California FTers? I hope you step up to the plate and rescue this piece of historical memorabilia from the smelters.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

I just placed the high bid on it. If anyone is interested in it let me know. I don;t want it but would rather buy it than have it melted down. I have the bid under dreamababylab.
    That is really a shame
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Don't people know that they can get a tax write-off for these things if they donate them to a museum? They could probably write off more than it will end up selling for! Plus, it would be a great asset for the museum and the viewing public.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Badbull you were outbid so I put in a bid also. Maybe someone from the site will win it and donate it to RHOF or some other retriever org.

There's still 6 days left on it... I think you have to wait until the end of the time, right??

I'll make a bid on it later on when it's closer to the date... I'll probably just Donate it to my RC when I get back to MN... I agree with you Kevin... we often do.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

This nearly happened to all of the horse racing trophies from Calumet. (Home of Citation, Whirlaway, Alydar, Forward Pass, Iron Liege etc.) We're talking trophies from some of the greatest horse races in history. Thankfully the Kentucky Horse Park was able to raise the money to buy them and they are housed there permanently.

Since eBay now shields bidders identities, its impossible to tell who you are bidding against. A trophy this size is going to be worth $150 or so just as scrap. Back in the days when you could see the buying patterns of other bidders, we rescued a 1962 Sporting Group trophy from the Westminster Kennel Club from a scrap metal bidder. (It had been won by a Weim. It cost me $92 and I've never been sorry.) On the other hand, I missed a great old trophy for the Best Chessie Puppy Brace in Seattle in 1902. (Talk about specific) It was huge, with antler handles. It went to a decorator, for more than $200. Then their were Eloise Cherry's personal field trial pins....

This trophy needs to find a home with a club or a museum. Let's just be careful we don't outbid each other and drive the price up unnecessarily! Some challenge trophies are retired after they've been one by the same outfit three times. I'd love to know the story behind this one, and how it ended up on eBay.

I agree that RTF members should not be bidding against each other.

It would be nice if some SoCal RC person would step forward and say "Everyone else step aside, I am getting it, period."
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Stop bidding it up and wait until the final 5 minutes. Identify each other, so you don't bid against.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

That's a good strategy kjrice

you can contact the owner and try to work out something to save the trophy rather then sell it. suggest the tax exempt thing, bud