Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biden no friend of firearms ownership either GDG

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Default Biden no friend of firearms ownership either GDG

Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Bob - Glad to see a post on Biden - my only knowledge of the guy is he was known as "Leaky Joe" on the Foreign Relations committee & believe he had something to do with the elimination of clandestine operations pre-CIA. Just read recently that his son, the Atty Gen of CT is on his way to Iraq with his National Guard troop. Didn't everyone give Bush a lot of unnecessary crap about his National Guard service?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Bob - Glad to see a post on Biden - my only knowledge of the guy is he was known as "Leaky Joe" on the Foreign Relations committee & believe he had something to do with the elimination of clandestine operations pre-CIA. Just read recently that his son, the Atty Gen of CT is on his way to Iraq with his National Guard troop. Didn't everyone give Bush a lot of unnecessary crap about his National Guard service?
    Marvin, please reference some sources about leaky Joe. I am quite interested and had not heard this before. Please provide references, would you.

Also, was he leaky like Cheney, Rove, and "Scooter" giving up the identity of a covert CIA operative or in some other way?

Do you really want to compare Biden's son's National Guard service to W's? I'd be glad to refresh your memory on why Bush was criticized. It was for his lack of service and failure to report. The situation doesn't seem at all comparable to Biden's son's.

Bob,

Thank you for another great link. The more folks know about the liberal Democrat positions, the better.

For all you folks that do not know what it means to be a liberal, I will try to provide an answer. To be a liberal means that you believe that the Constitution is a living document that needs to be changed with the times. For example, they would argue that guns kill people and since we have military and law enforcement agencies, there is no longer a need for guns. Therefore, the second amendment is no longer relevant. The whole concept of "separation of church and state" is a liberal invention. The first amendment only states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Liberals believe that if they cannot get their laws or ammendments passed through legislation, then "judical activism" is an appropiate course of action. This is how we got "separation of church and state" as well as Roe vs Wade.

I believe that once you start changing or re-interpreting the Constitution, we are on the road to losing our freedom and our form of government.
    Last edited by Paul Johnson; 09-08-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Forget about Biden's son. Everybody can respect his National Guard commitment.

But what about the Joe Biden running for VP? How many student draft deferments did he receive during the Vietnam War? All you Cheney haters pay attention because Biden received just as many draft deferments as did Cheney...FIVE.

He was disqualified from service because of asthma. Come on, Joe...asthma?

As Bob Kerrey once put it "as I remember it, at that time if you could walk and chew gum, the military would take you"

Must have been some bad case of 'asthma' for the ex high school football star and lifeguard.

Or maybe he had other priorities.

I guess ol' plagiarist Joe isn't the only one that likes to use other people's speeches. Remember when his 1988 presidential run ended in scnadal? Check out Barack ripping off Deval in 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

He was disqualified from service because of asthma. Come on, Joe...asthma?

Must have been some bad case of 'asthma' for the ex high school football star and lifeguard.

Asthma CAN kill you just so you know.. I know this personally.

11 day hospital visit 4 asthma regards...
    Princess Darla of Nottingham MH ***
    Copper's Darlin' Rascal "Spanky" ***
    Spanky's Darlin Rascal "Wheezy"

Yellow dogs rule the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Marvin, please reference some sources about leaky Joe. I am quite interested and had not heard this before. Please provide references, would you.

Also, was he leaky like Cheney, Rove, and "Scooter" giving up the identity of a covert CIA operative or in some other way?

Do you really want to compare Biden's son's National Guard service to W's? I'd be glad to refresh your memory on why Bush was criticized. It was for his lack of service and failure to report. The situation doesn't seem at all comparable to Biden's son's.
    It was in the newspapers (NY Times - at least the leaks) at the time - this was before I realized that everything that is caused has an effect. Not being computer literate, I wouldn't know where to start providing references.

Valerie Plame & Joe Wilson have an agenda - selling books - in any other country they would be tried for treason.

GW was around enough to learn to fly solo in a fighter jet - this is why all the claims made about him just don't make sense.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

i was disqualified for asthma as well.

do you actually think someone can fake asthma? if you do, you're pretty ignorant of medical science. no one wants it, believe me. the last thing the armed services need is asthmatics wheezing and short of breath during a fight.

i live in Ct. our attorney general's name is Blumenthal, not Biden. i can see how people would confuse the 2 as both names begin with "B". LOL! you people will repeat anything you read without checking sources.-paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Henry-

Can you post any evidence of Rove or Cheney leaking Valerie Plame's name. As I recall it was a self-confessed Asst. Sec of State that leaked to Novak. Libby was convicted of perjury, not leaking a name. There are some other famous people who have perjured themselves too.

Eric