The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: How Obama is like Jesus...GDG

Default How Obama is like Jesus...GDG

FOX News’ Chad Pergram contributed to this report.

Tennessee Rep. Steve Cohen riled Republicans Wednesday after he compared Barack Obama to Jesus Christ and suggested Sarah Palin is akin to Pontius Pilate.

The Tennessee Democrat, who supports Obama, was on the House floor giving a one-minute speech when he offered the comparisons.

“If you want change, you want the Democratic Party,” Cohen said. “Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus, who our minister prayed about. Pontius Pilate was a governor.”

A similar statement has been circulating in e-mails and on blogs in recent days, before Cohen spoke Wednesday.

But Cohen was referencing shots Palin took at Obama during her address last week at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul. Palin, a former mayor, poked fun at Obama for crediting his work as a community organizer, saying, “I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities.”

The National Republican Congressional Committee objected to Cohen’s statements Wednesday in a press release, pointing out that Pilate sentenced Christ to death and asking, “What point was Cohen trying to make?”

Cohen’s remarks also play into Republican charges that Obama fancies himself a celebrity-like or messianic figure in the 2008 race. They also come on the heels of Obama’s comment Tuesday that “you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.”

Palin supporters allege the oft-used expression was directed at Palin, who joked in the same speech that the difference between hockey moms like her and pit bulls is lipstick.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler reportedly lashed out at Sarah Palin Wednesday, saying the Republican vice presidential candidate’s “primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.”

Politico.com reports that Fowler, wife of former Democratic National Committee Chairman Don Fowler, said that John McCain’s decision to choose an abortion rights opponent would not boost his candidacy among many women.

“Among Democratic women and even among independent women, I don’t think it helped him,” she told Politico.com.

Palin — a self-described “hockey mom” and mother of five children — gave birth April 18 to her youngest child, Trig, who is diagnosed with Down syndrome.

Appearing on FOX News Wednesday, McCain campaign spokeswoman Jill Hazelbacker called Fowler’s statement “despicable” and “sad,” and said voters from all parties should be happy Palin is McCain’s running mate.

Her candidacy is, “a historic moment for this country,” Hazelbacker said of Palin.

Fowler issued an apology Wednesday evening.

“I personally admire and respect the difficult choices that women make everyday, and I apologize to anyone who finds my comment offensive,” she said in a written statement. “I clumsily was making a point about people in South Carolina who may vote based on a single issue. Whether it’s the environment, the economy, the war or a woman’s right to choose, there are people who will cast their vote based on a single issue. That was the only point I was attempting to make.”

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, a prominent McCain supporter, turned the focus toward Obama, calling for him to repudiate the remarks.

“If it’s not rejected by Senator Obama, if he doesn’t speak to this and condemn that statement, then it will speak volumes about where we’re at on the Democratic side,” Graham said.

Don Fowler last week was forced to apologize after being captured on an amateur video during an airplane flight chuckling while saying, “Hurricane (Gustav) is going to hit New Orleans about the time (the Republican National Convention) starts. … That just demonstrates God is on our side.”
    Richard
    Legacy 6

How about what this IDIOT said about Sarah Palin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw...&feature=bz302

Redsox's nation....what do you have to say about your boy's comments ????

Chad
    Last edited by Lucky Seven; 09-11-2008 at 11:33 AM.

It's AMAZING to watch the liberals lose their freakin' minds now that the Republican nominee has at worst an even chance to win.

Upset the apple cart regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

since when did Matt Damon become an expert on politics, too bad he makes stupid , irresponsible comments like that, I USED to enjoy his movies..now if we could only get Alec Baldwin, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins to all leave the country
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Not Matt Damon.... I should have just muted it.

So someone else is listening to Mike Church and Andrew Wilkow???

Where did MD get the stuff about the dinosaurs and book restrictions... I've not heard anything about this stuff...

Yeah, I agree Bonjovi, all these actors being outspoken... it's sad because I don't want to watch their movies anymore after this... Robert Redford, which sucks because I liked his "Last Castle" movie, but then he went nuts, and then he made "Lions for Lambs" which is a Horse &#^ movie...

Then Matt Damon and George Clooney, I liked in the Ocean films, MD in the Bourne Trilogy... an then that movie where Clooney plays opposite Nicole Kidman... Cna't recall the film title.

Tim Robbins, Scarlett Johanson (real shame)... why must they use their influence and star status to activate these insane political positions??? Does Tim Pawlenty call up Eddie Murphy and give him acting advice??? I hardly think so... so why do actors give advice and more to politicians???
    Richard
    Legacy 6