RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

GDG***Gas Prices***GDG

7K views 73 replies 47 participants last post by  Art Geddes 
#1 · (Edited)
What are gas prices doing in your part of the country? In the last 24 hours, gas at our local station went from $3.69/gal to $4.69/gal. It is unbelievable how the oil companies will use any excuse to raise their prices! Drill baby, Drill!

Getting out my tire guage regards,

Al

#5 ·
Gas $3.57 here up 6-10 cents since yesterday.
Did yours really go up a dollar overnight?????????

Love the avatar BTW

#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Our area is not being affected by Ike at all. But......I left for a buisness trip at 6:30 yesterday morning and filled up for $3.40. I just glanced out the door, and the same station, across the street, just posted the price of $4.20!!!!!!

What really kills me is they are raising the prices on gas that is already sitting in their tanks. Its not a "new" price the station owners are paying!! So if the storm doesn't cause all the trouble forcasted, and oil prices keep going down, are they going to give me a refund next week for the gas I bought today?????

#54 ·
What really kills me is they are raising the prices on gas that is already sitting in their tanks. Its not a "new" price the station owners are paying!!
If you bought a house 20 years ago for $100,000 and could sell it today for $200,000 what would you do? Are you going to sell it for what you paid for it or will you sell it at market price?

#9 ·
Guess we're far enough north, it only went up .30 this morning. Ridiculous.

#11 ·
That's just wrong.

Weren't there charges filed against several gas stations for price gouging after Katrina?

I am pretty sure it was Federal charges too.

It is law in Florida

#12 ·
45 cents higher today since Wed. am.
We are on the "Ike" pipeline and they sent everyone into a panic yesterday saying we will run out. Kinda like when they say it is going to snow here, the shelves clear of milk and bread.

#13 ·
3.69 this morning 3.99 right now. I'm getting about fed up. Don't see how the dems think they are going to take congress with their position on drilling, nuclear power, and refineries. Stupid ass dem congress is killing me. To top it all off they want to raise my taxes. I'm basically making the same money I was when gas was 1.60 a gal.

It's our turn in the barrel every friggin' day regards,

#14 ·
Supply is being backed up.

Don't forget that most of the production and refining is done along the La/Tex coast. Most production and refining is shut down and will be for days.

Please direct you concerns at the Democrats!;-)

#15 ·
More than 16 percent of the nations refining capacity is shut down right now due to Ike. That is going to make prices go up. Not sure if things are back up and running in Louisiana yet. Will take 10 to 14 days to get Texas back up and running (baring no major damage from Ike)

Most of the Texas coastal gas stations are bone dry right now too. Going to take a lot of gas to fill those up for the millions of people that will be coming back.

#17 ·
Since I posted that my wife and I went to fill up our cars just in case. The station that was 3.99 had already gone to 4.19 and was so busy selling gas we couldn't get in to buy any. We went down the street to another station where it was 4.09 a gal. The guy that owned the station is a good friend of mine and he showed me his invoice for the load of gas he had just bought. 3.89 a gal is what he paid, he is making 20 cents a gal. While I was there he called to see if he could get another load because it was going fast, and Walthaal oil said they couldn't get him any more gas before Tues. and maybe longer than that if this hurricane was bad. Milledgeville gas prices were already at 4.69 in some places, and everybody is buying trying to avoid getting caught short.

I bought $75.00 worth of gas yesterday and I just paid $102.00 today. If this keeps up there won't be any gas in McIntyre tomorrow.

Sore ass regards

#18 ·
Just filled up this morning with regular for $4.26 a gallon in Anchorage, AK. The signs were still showing yesterday's price of $4.17 a gallon.

#19 ·
$3.89 for diesel yesterday - had been as high as $4.99 2 months ago!

#20 ·
Filled up this morning at $3.76 unleaded. What it is now I don't know but it hadn't gone up any in 24hrs. YET!

#23 ·
I think what we need to do is build more refineries.

Along the Gulf of Mexico...;-)

#25 ·
When the powers finally realize that Ethanol is not a solution - they can convert all the ethanol plants to refineries.

#26 ·
Gas prices are already going up here and "Ike" is still at sea!
Just saw on the news that in Fl., I think, gas was 5.29 a gal! You think a little price gouging may be going on?

#29 ·
Not here, $3.71 just a few minutes ago and I also saw $3.69
I just talked to my buddy who drove up to Georgia today to set up stands and feeders. He said it was $4.79 and there were big LINES and some stations out of gas, this was just across the state line, but he said all the stations in N. Fl along I75 were the same price ($4.79)
Damn........

#28 ·
A lot of local gas stations aound Winston Salem NC are already out of regular unleaded gas.
One local station in Clemmons was limiting purchases to $20.00. We were lucky to fill up the vehicles at $3.89 but had to buy premium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.