The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PR Firm with ties to Obama Campaign Caught Falsely Smearing Palin (Political GDG)

Default PR Firm with ties to Obama Campaign Caught Falsely Smearing Palin (Political GDG)

THIS is jaw-dropping!

And the proof in the pudding? As soon as the blogger put the Obama campaign on notice that he had made the connection -- the videos came down, Wikipedia entries were scrubbed, accounts were closed, posts were deleted.

Absolutely incredible.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Wow, a 35 second youtube video is that big a deal? It seems to me that this is about a mistake by the Alaskan Independence Party not some big smear campaign.

Did you actually read the NYT retraction? It says
    Alaskan Independence Party officials released a statement Monday saying that Ms. Palin had been a member for two years, from 1994 to 1996, information included in reports in The New York Times and other news outlets. In Internet videos of recent party meetings, other party officials can be seen boasting of Ms. Palin’s past membership.

On Tuesday, though, the party’s chairwoman, Lynette Clark, said the earlier statement was false. Ms. Clark said that she had based it on information another party member had given her, but that a review of the records showed only that Ms. Palin had attended the 1994 conference.

Ms. Clark added that while the review confirmed Todd Palin as a member, it did not indicate that Ms. Palin had been one.

On Wednesday, Ms. Clark released a corrected statement, saying, in part, “I, foolishly, repeated and accepted as fact what an officer of this membership shared with myself, and husband Dexter Clark, over a year ago.”

I humbly apologize to Governor Palin, and to both national and local press and media,” she added.
    So, you present this as proof of some left wing conspiracy against your dear VP candidate? Give me a break.

Multiple media outlets reported the facts that were given to them directly by the Alaska Independence Party, the party then retracted, and the media then retracted. Yeah that's the basis of a big smear campaign alright. There is also lots of proof on that blog that the Obama camp was connected to the 35 second video too.

What's jaw dropping is why the media is not questioning Todd Palin's membership in this group. If it were Michelle Obama or his pastor or someone that he met once at a party they would be all over it. McCain could even make an add about it.

Good to see the McCain camp is in full "blame the media" mode on the FOX news today. They must be worried.

Henry,

You obviously did not read the article.

Read it, then go back and read your posting, and realize how you appear to the others who did.
    Kevin Walker

KW if your really think this sort of thing does not happen on the McCain side also, including charges that Obama is a Muslum, Obama is not a US citizen, and what ever else the extream far right can make up, you are not living in reality. Henry, is absolutely correct. What you should be questioning is why Todd Palin joined the Alaskan Independance party and more informtion on his role in it. If I were a McCain supporter, I would want to get that cleared up ASAP.

There are factions of the extream on both sides that will resort to this sort of thing. If you are propogating it, I would put you in one of these groups also. bud

ok..so let me get this straight...

We should be investigating a husband of a VP nomination because of ties to a political group?

again, THE HUSBAND....

one more time...THE HUSBAND....

come on...get real, next we will need to investigate the third daughters decision to play soccer rather than hockey and its impact on the nation if her mother is elected to office....

I thought the democratic ticket announced PUBLICLY to LEAVE FAMILIES ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

pick on Sarah Palin ALL YOU WANT...but leave the family alone...no one on MY side of the campain is picking at BHO's family...YEA WE ARE PICKING AT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but we are leaving family out....I think it is high time the democratic party follow their leaders suggestions and just leave families alone!

NCA

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

A disgusting smear on SNL when they made a pathetic attempt at humor involving Todd Palin and incest: http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...bama-advocacy/
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

For those not reading the original story but still deciding to take issue with it -- there is all sorts of evidence the Obama campaign was behind the smears of Palin. NOT some extremists. The evidence is clearly laid out for anyone willing to open their mind and read the article.

NO ONE has any evidence or is even seriously asserting the McCain campaign is behind the scenes smearing Obama's faith or citizenship.
    Kevin Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    ok..so let me get this straight...

We should be investigating a husband of a VP nomination because of ties to a political group?

again, THE HUSBAND....

NCA
    I don't know, the idea of a first dude who was a member of an anti American successionist group seems a little odd to me. If Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton belonged to a group like that, there would be heck to pay from the right.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    . The evidence is clearly laid out for anyone willing to open their mind.
    Now that's a hoot. The right suggesting to the left to "open their minds." A contridiction in terms...Heh AL? Close mindedness is what defines the right.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Kevin,

Do you work at all, for a living I mean?
    He's got a little Mississippi Leg-Hound in him. Once he starts though, it's best to just let him finish.