The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More political facts to distort as you see fit GDG

Default More political facts to distort as you see fit GDG

www.factcheck.org

Just goes to reinforce my belief that we should do away with all Republicians, Democrats and Lobbyists. Start all over and every 4 years clean house again.

Seriously I feel its a fairly good web sit that tries to put out the facts. As usual there will be someone to find fault but thats normal in this country. That is why we live here.

Why most of you live down south with all that heat, humidity, T-Storms, hurricanes, snakes and bugs I will never understand. Ill take ice, snow, shaky ground and mountains that lose there top on occasion any time.

OMG, that website is great!!! Thanks for posting the link.

Oh, and we love the humidity down here, it's like Mother Nature giving you a big ol' hug!

Political reform should include

1. term limits, 3 terms for the House 2 terms for the Senate, a hiatus from both houses for 10 years before running again

2. the Presidential campaign should begin 30 days before the conventions (but not before August 1) and end October 15

3. Individual political contributions $100 per individual, $1000 per business entity

4. if the candidates choose to spend their own money on the campaign there should be a cap on spending

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Political reform should include

1. term limits, 3 terms for the House 2 terms for the Senate, a hiatus from both houses for 10 years before running again
    I'm sympathetic to this but wonder if six in the house (12 years) and two in the senate (12 years) wouldn't be better. The tradeoff is that many of the issues involved require a level of experience and knowledge that takes years to achieve. Interestingly, almost every person who has run for office with a pledge of term limits has changed his or her mind once the limit was on the horizon and their constituents have reelected them anyway.
    2. the Presidential campaign should begin 30 days before the conventions (but not before August 1) and end October 15
    I think this would actually make it easier for a person with no depth to succeed since they would have less time to implode as a result of their own ignorance. Despite the rancor, I think we have learned a lot about the candidates during this campaign. My biggest problem with Palin is that there is insufficient time and exposure for her to show what she does or doesn't know.
    3. Individual political contributions $100 per individual, $1000 per business entity
    Given that every owner and employee of a company is eligible to give as an individual, why should they be permitted to give anything by virtue of their ownership or control of a corporation? A corporation (or a union or PAC) is not a person and is not guaranteed any rights under the Constitution. Those privileges are reserved to people.
    4. if the candidates choose to spend their own money on the campaign there should be a cap on spending
    This is a tough one in light of the first amendment, but I agree with the spirit. Maybe the answer is that if you use your own money you are not eligible ot raise money from anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    . My biggest problem with Palin is that there is insufficient time and exposure for her to show what she does or doesn't know.
    Palin was nominated September 4, perhaps 22 days has not been enough for you, for me it has been more than adequate....

I've ALWAYS said term limits are the answer to the majority of our political problems. That's the ONLY way the pork won't buy votes. We got rid of a corrupt politician...Tom Dashole, but we can't stop the pork King, Robert Byrd. It's the one thing Newt screwed up on in his Contract with America. It was in there, but they didn't cram it through...Dayum him!

I could care less how much time they campaign...ON THEIR OWN. They just can't buy any media until the 3 months prior to the National election.

They can blow all their money if they choose, but not by advertising and invading everyone elses freedoms. And they can use their friends money, but no more PACs...only individuals can donate up to $1000, no business or any other organizational entity.

All the primaries will be done within a one month framework...in June before the November elections. No candidate can appear on anything but 'local' media prior to the primary elections, and only from January through May.

All franking priveledges by incumbants will be disallowed starting in January of the election year. If you want to 'visit' with your constituants, call for meetings, or pay for your own postage and stationary.

No more full time politicians. Everyone can do it like the President...2-4 year terms! Trust me, we will develope smart savvy intelligent politicians that will earn their place in the system, not buy their way in.

UB

UB

Maybe this way, the 'news' organizations will stop pimping their favorites.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Palin was nominated September 4, perhaps 22 days has not been enough for you, for me it has been more than adequate....
    I nominate this comment for understatement of the year award. Thanks for the laugh.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

We can do it !!!
    Last edited by John Kelder; 02-28-2009 at 04:08 AM.
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...il-last-month/

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...OnE&refer=home

Here is an incomplete list of the members of the McCain staff that have previously worked for or lobbied on behalf of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Rick Davis: Campaign Manager

Charlie Black: Senior Adviser

Carlos Bonilla: Economic Adviser

Arthur Culvahouse: HEADED VP SEARCH

Doug Davenport: Regional Campaign Manager

Julienna Glover-Weiss: Steering Comittee

Other McCain Campaign staff with ties to Fannie ní Freddie
    Mark Buse
    Nicholas Calio
    Alberto Cardenas
    David Crane
    Alfonse DíAmato
    Benjamin Ginsberg
    John Green
    Kate Hull
    James Hyland
    Aleix Jarvis
    Thomas Loeffler
    Peter Madigan
    Alison McSlarrow
    Susan Molinari
    John Napier
    Aquiles Suarez
    Don Sundquist
    William Timmons Sr

Thatís 3 out of every 10 of the 133 lobbyists working for the McCain campaign with ties ONLY to Fannie and Freddie. Big Oil, Tobacco, and the Pharmaceutical Industry, along with Defense Contractors and AIG round out the organizations most employed by McCain. Please, refrain from casting stones.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)