The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDG*** Bail-Out Bust ***GDG

Default GDG*** Bail-Out Bust ***GDG

It looks like we will now see just how dire the situation is on Wall Street and Main Street since the Bail Out deal was just defeated in the House with two thirds of Republicans and one third of Democrats voting against. For now the Wall Street reaction is still a little muted as traders wait to see if there is some way for the issue to be reconsidered. However, it looks like there is a possibility that DOW losses will set a new record for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    It looks like we will now see just how dire the situation is on Wall Street and Main Street since the Bail Out deal was just defeated in the House with two thirds of Republicans and one third of Democrats voting against. For now the Wall Street reaction is still a little muted as traders wait to see if there is some way for the issue to be reconsidered. However, it looks like there is a possibility that DOW losses will set a new record for one day.
    All is not lost. Something will get done, but it will have to be something better. I hate the concept, but we're going to have to live with some degree of bail out. They just can't fleece the taxpayer to cover their mistakes without a strong provision to return what they're taking, and without rewarding mis-managers.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Things are not that bad, let the market CRASH! Then invest 700 Billion! You know, buy low, sell high! Then we can make some real bucks...... (a little sarcasm)

Goes against the very foundation of free enterprise, not sure I like a monetary GOV fix of poor business practice's, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    All is not lost. Something will get done, but it will have to be something better. I hate the concept, but we're going to have to live with some degree of bail out. They just can't fleece the taxpayer to cover their mistakes without a strong provision to return what they're taking, and without rewarding mis-managers.

Evan
    I agree, something WILL be done, but it has to be right the first time...this was not
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

I think once it came out how much money some of the big wigs took away with them, folks just weren't so eager to help them out.
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hopefully this will open it up for a real investigation.

I've been talking with some conservative Democrats, which we have plenty of in this state, and they all hope this will be the end of the Nancy/Harry pathetic handling of most of their leadership. Term limits were never more necessary.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Frontier Labs View Post
    I think once it came out how much money some of the big wigs took away with them, folks just weren't so eager to help them out.
    unfortunately the problem is much more complex than that, this is not a bailout for a few wealthy individuals it is one for every investor and saver in the country

my parents survived the great depression but they were young and poor, if the stock market crashes prepare yourselves for the worst financial calamity of modern civilization

For once, the voice of the people made it to the voting floor.
    Both McCain and Obama have had the rug pulled out from under them as both had gone on record as supporting the bail out, even if tepidly.
    Now is the time to see if the majority of this country has still got the stones to weather a major storm and fight their way back again. Any of you realize how close we were to a truly nationalized banking system?

"I fear hurricanes and lightning, theres a bad moon on the rise"
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The taxpayers didn't cause this mess, bureaucrats and some wall street crooks were at the bottom of it. The long suffering American Taxpayer should not have to bail out the guilty parties in this one. Barney Frank, Cris Dodd and the former heads of the now defunct financial giants ought to bear the brunt of this mess, not the working stiffs of america.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Nancy Pelosi pulled the old "bait and switch" today. Hope all you folks on the left coast remember this come her next campaign for re-election.

Term limits indeed regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.