The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: a real economic stimulus/bailout plan gdg

Default a real economic stimulus/bailout plan gdg

The way I see it the real way to fix the economy...instead of bailing out wall st. we should have..... take say a trillion dollars(not much more than the 700 billion just passed) take the say 200 million folks who paid their taxes,are in the so call middle class (making under $250,000, I would even say the folks that make under 150,000) Give them each $500,000 dollars. Now we can pay off our mortgages (which would save the banks) we could all buy new cars(which would save the auto industries as well as all the jobs that go into making all the parts). Now that our mortgages are paid,we have new cars, we can now have money to spend in the retail markets,invest back into a leaner, meaner, and cleaner stock market, etc, etc.......................... Nope the brilliant politicians WE elect screw it all up and bailout the millionaires. Just my rantings that have been on my mind for awhile.Glad it's hunting season, Jim
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Person View Post
    The way I see it the real way to fix the economy...instead of bailing out wall st. we should have..... take say a trillion dollars(not much more than the 700 billion just passed) take the say 200 million folks who paid their taxes,are in the so call middle class (making under $250,000, I would even say the folks that make under 150,000) Give them each $500,000 dollars. Now we can pay off our mortgages (which would save the banks) we could all buy new cars(which would save the auto industries as well as all the jobs that go into making all the parts). Now that our mortgages are paid,we have new cars, we can now have money to spend in the retail markets,invest back into a leaner, meaner, and cleaner stock market, etc, etc.......................... Nope the brilliant politicians WE elect screw it all up and bailout the millionaires. Just my rantings that have been on my mind for awhile.Glad it's hunting season, Jim
    Unfortunately this would cost about $65 trillion. $1 trillion divided among 250 million people equals $4000 each.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Unfortunately this would cost about $65 trillion. $1 trillion divided among 250 million people equals $4000 each.
    And $65 trillion is bigger than the whole world's economy. Unfortunately, it's about the size of the credit default swap market...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

my calculator must not work right 1,000,000,000,000 / 200,000,000 = 500,000 oh well sounds better than bailing out millionaires who can't manage money.
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

How about the gooberment just spend OUR tax money on roads, military, elderly, young, physically handicapped, mentally handicapped and let the free market pay for their sins…by my accounting it is the banks and people who shouldn’t have gotten loans that have us in the bind. As a society we should not allow our banking system to make gooberment backed loans to people who don’t have means to pay. For instance Loaning $500k to a couple making $50k a year doesn’t make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Person View Post
    my calculator must not work right 1,000,000,000,000 / 200,000,000 = 500,000 oh well sounds better than bailing out millionaires who can't manage money.
    On my calculator, 1,000,000,000,000/200,000,000 =
    10,000/2 = 5,000

I prefer your calculator

How about we take that trillion and just not take it in the first place. Give those that were taxed excessively their money back. Or, assuming they already have the money through taxation, just buy a trillion dollars of our debt back.

How about we just end Fed income tax. Charge a consumer tax of say--- 20% to all new purchases. Rebate those based on family size or income.

Companies pay no Fed taxes so our products are more dynamic in the world market. All items cost less since the company has less overhead and employees are able to take the amount they net plus the amount the company withholds in FICA plus the 7+ % the company pays for Social Security and Medicaid..

Those that choose to decrease their debt by saving are rewarded by less taxes.

Fed Politicians on both sides are robbed of their class envy stance or carrot they dangle before the constituants.

A friend sent me this explanation. I only share the info. You take it for what it's worth.

UB

Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10 and, as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He next announced that he would now buy monkeys at $20 each. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50 each! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has already collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each."

The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys for 700 billion dollars.

They never saw the man or his assistant again, only lots and lots of monkeys!

Now you have a better understanding of how the WALL STREET BAILOUT PLAN WILL WORK!!!!

When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Thats the best stock market tip ever given!!

Bill,, what is the stock Market symbol for Momkeys??

I always, deep down inside, wanted to have one!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"