The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Obama's words GDG

Default In Obama's words GDG

Why is all of this going unnoticed by the media???? They send 1000 reporters to Alaska to dig up something on Sarah Palin and they have this politically incorrect crap right in front of their eyes!

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damning one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

This is an E-mail I recieved today I thought I would post it here (the pics of Obama's books didnt make it)
    I personally dont know how anyone could vote for him!

Yes, I wish persons would take the crazy things he says a lot more seriously.. After all, this person is supposed to be President of the Country.

You might actually want to read the books before you jump to conclusions based on a mix of carefully extracted words and even misquotes. You can see an assessment of this particular email at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp. I have read The Audacity of Hope and one is repeatedly struck by how small a role race appears to factor into Obama's thinking. That is one of the reasons many blacks had reservations about his candidacy during the early stages of the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You might actually want to read the books before you jump to conclusions based on a mix of carefully extracted words and even misquotes. You can see an assessment of this particular email at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp. I have read The Audacity of Hope and one is repeatedly struck by how small a role race appears to factor into Obama's thinking. That is one of the reasons many blacks had reservations about his candidacy during the early stages of the campaign.
    I have read parts of the book (I didn't buy it and read cover to cover) but what I have read.. The man is NUTS.. INSANE..

Which goes to show how many perspectives different people can have. The quotes at the beginning of this thread -- and most specifically the last and "most damning" quote -- are not reflective in any way of the attitudes expressed. The last "quote" is a fabrication. At the same time, there is no way to grow up black in America without being forever conscious of your own color and the dominant color of the country. Fortunately that consciousness has softened dramatically during my lifetime. With luck it will continue to soften over time.

Which goes to show how many perspectives different people can have. The quotes at the beginning of this thread -- and most specifically the last and "most damning" quote -- are not reflective in any way of the attitudes expressed. The last "quote" is a fabrication. At the same time, there is no way to grow up black in America without being forever conscious of your own color and the dominant color of the country. Fortunately that consciousness has softened dramatically during my lifetime. With luck it will continue to soften over time.
    The quotes posted are probably the LEAST alarming of anything Obama has ever said or reported to have said...
    On the other hand, had it been reversed and the quotes were from McCain (or another white guy) against black folks it would be ALL over the news.. Somehow it is PC to be against White folks -people can ignore that no problem.. (One shouldn't be against ANY race or color)..
    As for being aware of your race or color in America.. That depends on what state and town you're in.. In my town in California whites are the MINORITY.. The majority are blacks and hispanics (Lancaster CA).. However in Seattle area where I grew up, whites were the majority though the Asian population has growen quite a lot over the years.
    The truth of the matter is, so long as people dwell on racism it will always exist. When people can grow beyond race/color being an issue (and for some people that means starting with themselves) than racism can/will go away.
    The vast majority of people I have knowen were/are in no way racists.. But I have knowen plenty of minorities that have this idea that "whites are against them" somehow- anytime something doesn't go right in their life (and it involves a white person) -it's always blamed on racism.
    A fine example of what I am trying to point out is -women have gotten as far as they have in this country -not just from fighting for their rights to do things, but because most no longer dwell on "being a woman".. The attitude is "I am a woman, so what".. Feminists aside, most women don't blame everything on sexism... And that has changed the way society has treated women probably more than anything else.
    One's own attitude towards their own race/color can hold one back in how far they go and how they get treated in life.. Not saying racism still doesn't exist, it does-but not to the degree some persons like to make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdNMouth View Post
    The quotes posted are probably the LEAST alarming of anything Obama has ever said or reported to have said...
    On the other hand, had it been reversed and the quotes were from McCain (or another white guy) against black folks it would be ALL over the news.. Somehow it is PC to be against White folks -people can ignore that no problem.. (One shouldn't be against ANY race or color)..
    As for being aware of your race or color in America.. That depends on what state and town you're in.. In my town in California whites are the MINORITY.. The majority are blacks and hispanics (Lancaster CA).. However in Seattle area where I grew up, whites were the majority though the Asian population has growen quite a lot over the years.
    The truth of the matter is, so long as people dwell on racism it will always exist. When people can grow beyond race/color being an issue (and for some people that means starting with themselves) than racism can/will go away.
    The vast majority of people I have knowen were/are in no way racists.. But I have knowen plenty of minorities that have this idea that "whites are against them" somehow- anytime something doesn't go right in their life (and it involves a white person) -it's always blamed on racism.
    A fine example of what I am trying to point out is -women have gotten as far as they have in this country -not just from fighting for their rights to do things, but because most no longer dwell on "being a woman".. The attitude is "I am a woman, so what".. Feminists aside, most women don't blame everything on sexism... And that has changed the way society has treated women probably more than anything else.
    One's own attitude towards their own race/color can hold one back in how far they go and how they get treated in life.. Not saying racism still doesn't exist, it does-but not to the degree some persons like to make it out to be.
    You seem to be missing the fact that the quotes are fraudulent. Repeating lies does not make them truths. It's sort of like putting lipstick on a Palin.

You seem to be missing the fact that the quotes are fraudulent. Repeating lies does not make them truths. It's sort of like putting lipstick on a Palin.
    I am not saying any of it are not lies. I think one would have to read the book cover to cover to know that for sure. ..
    As for Paulin, she already has lipstick on

Quote Originally Posted by BirdNMouth View Post
    I am not saying any of it are not lies. I think one would have to read the book cover to cover to know that for sure. ..
    As for Paulin, she already has lipstick on
    Exactly

Are you black? Since you know all about growing up black in America you must be.

I would like to know though... Are you?
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.