The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Biden "Electing Obama will cause International Crisis" (Political GDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    So Joe Biden has hard intelligence or he is utterly meaningless.
    I think it was a dumb statement, not him entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    You think 9/11 planning started after Bush was elected?? Check your timeline.

Let's try again. BIDEN, Obama, McCain and Palin all received their first classified foreign policy briefing over the weekend. The next day BIDEN opens his mouth -- "Mark my words, Obama is going to be tested with an international crisis;" "Two years in we will be down in the polls. . . .you will be asking why we aren't doing things," "We are going to need your love and support then as much as now." Do you still think it is meaningless?!

And it important to note, Biden was NOT on the stump when he did this. He was speaking to a small group of supporters. Just like Obama was in San Francisco when he called Pennsylvanians "bitter clingers."

What does when it was planned have to do anything? According to your original statement you were saying that Carter wasn't Reagan, Hawk isn't a dove etc etc implying it made a huge difference who was sitting as to what the actions of terrorists would be. I totally disagree with that logic.

My statement was only that it didn't matter who was sitting in the chair. Bush was certainly a hawk and 9/11 happened. It won't matter a plugged nickel to a terrorist who is sitting in the chair in the white house.
    Last edited by brian breuer; 10-21-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    I think it was a dumb statement, not him entirely.
    Mebbe the first time- definitely not the second time he said the same thing.

Joe ain't got THAT long of a leash regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    It won't matter a plugged nickel to a terrorist who is sitting in the chair in the white house.
    In theory, I agree. "Killing the infidel" is pretty much a universal goal of radical Islamic terrorists. Who's sitting in the Big Chair won't matter much to them.

In reality, the world sees distinct differences between the two candidates (as do we), and those who would wish us harm have their preference as well........

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Originally Posted by subroc
    Joe S.

Not that Booty needs me to defend him but it doesn’t matter one whit to me if he served in the military or not.

Yet you elected too, how nice and since I wasn't talking to you, it doesn't matter to me one whit what you think. But since I'm talking to now, please, read on...

We don’t have levels or classifications of citizenship as it relates to opinion in this nation.

Really? Would you please tell the Christian Right of the Republican Party. It seems the self-appointed leadership didn't get the memo.

Because you chose to serve is all well and good.

I'm glad you approved. I didn't do it for that though. I did it because I felt I owed someone something. Those before me served for me so I figured I'd serve for those that followed me.

You lefties like to use that moral authority play card (I served so my opinion counts more than yours) to somehow dismiss other citizens when their opinions differ from yours.

I wasn't posting as a "lefty" or a "righty." A careful examination of my voting record, were it possible, would show that I've voted for more Republicans than Democrats. I was posting a professional military member, retired.

You also like to play the outrage card when someone has a strong position you disagree with.

It would be a gross underestimation of my feelings to suggest I was playing at anything to do with Mr. Booty's post.

But tell me why you aren't outraged as well, Joe. You were a Marine. I would assume your service was honorable and professional. Why aren't you absolutely outraged at the suggestion that OUR military, of which YOUR Corps is a part, should rise up in a coup because the wrong candidate was elected? So tell me, Joe, what does Semper Fi really mean to you? Is it the Corps? Or is it the duly elected President of the United States?

Just say it ain't Semper Fi as long as you agree with the decision because if that is what it is Joe, then that makes you just another wanna be that doesn't really understand Semper Fi as anything more than a slogan.

Booty, I expect the military will tolerate Obama in the same way they did Clinton understanding and expecting the same level of distain that Clinton showed them.

USMC regards

Respectful Regards,

Joe S.

I expect when one posts to a public forum, their post isn’t expected to be “private.”

I don’t really know what you are referring to as it relates to the Christian right. The Christian right believes what they believe. I expect you just needed a reason to fire a shot at the Christian right, (The typical left wing boogie man) whoever they are. Well, you got your shot in, good for you. But speaking of classifications of citizens, as it relates to having and voicing opinions, there isn’t any.

As far as service to my nation, my reasons for service are similar to yours, among other reasons. Because another chooses not to serve, couldn’t serve for whatever reason be it physical, economical or whatever matters not to me. All are still citizens deserving of the same set of rights that any other “citizen” is entitled. Here is the rub, protest or speaking out is one of those rights. It is afforded to those on the right as well. Not only left wing radicals, communists and Michael Moore are entitled to speak out. It is pretty much reserved for all.

No, you didn’t post as a lefty; the lefty comment was assigned by me. You may very well be a staunch republican, conservative or hard right winger who votes republican every election. Far be it for me to know what your voting record is, but your writing, at least on this BB, appears to be very, if not extremely, left of center. A rational person would read such writings and conclude you are not a democrat but a left wing ideologue.

From an outrage standpoint, it is ridiculous to be outraged by an innocuous comment from Booty when I read an exhaustive amount of anti-American diatribe that is intentional and meant with malice on left wing websites every day that hope and wish we would lose the war in Iraq and wish and hope for the worst for the United States just to prove some political point. I am far more outraged at the left wing media. I am far more outraged at left wing protests and the vitriol I read on their protest signs. Where is your outrage at the left wing of your own political party?

I have too much that is real to be outraged in this case.

BTW, I already said to Booty what I think the military will do. “Booty, I expect the military will tolerate Obama in the same way they did Clinton understanding and expecting the same level of distain that Clinton showed them.”

As far as Semper Fi, I will speak for myself in this. I am and will always be faithful.

God bless these United States!
    Last edited by subroc; 10-21-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: edit

Joe

Here are the kinds of things I get outraged at. This is at some left wing anti war protest. This is what I call a reason to be outraged, not some fiegned outrage.

Peaceful protest at our military or a real reason to be outraged?

These are common actions by the left in the United States.