The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early voting results in DFW GDG

Default Early voting results in DFW GDG

Every county is breaking early voting records around DFW. Not just by a little.... up 30% from last year in many areas.

Why is that?

SM

Kristie Wilder

People don't want to wait in lines... I think overall, as a society -- and even RTF can prove this, and EE -- we don't want to wait anymore. We want to be able to do everything right now and get it over with, esp mundane stuff.

I think more people are involved in politics now bc of the internet... And, again, they want to vote as quickly and efficiently as possible...

That's my guess.

-K

What is scary is the article in the Jackson, MS paper yesterday. Alabama and Mississippi have several counties that have more registered voters than there are voting age residents in those counties. Makes one wonder if some of those early voters will be voting elsewhere on the 4th.
    A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

Another reason is that folks are just plain tired of the rhetoric. They can vote now and tune out the politicians.

Eric

The convenience of vote by mail or early voting in other ways precludes having to schedule a time to vote. When polling places are a 15 minute drive 1 way, lines may be long & slow moving I believe it to be the way to go. Unless you are in charge of your time, your schedule is more than likely set & doesn't allow many deviations.

TBS - there is a dark side, stolen elections are on the upswing & little is being done to curb that tendency. Having a passel of early votes is a very attractive target for those without honesty.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I'd like to think that more people are interested in voting in this election and can't or do not want to wait in lines on voting day.

I'm hoping this is a good sign for conservatives.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

I hope ACORN is not involved.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kristie Wilder View Post
    People don't want to wait in lines... I think overall, as a society -- and even RTF can prove this, and EE -- we don't want to wait anymore. We want to be able to do everything right now and get it over with, esp mundane stuff.

I think more people are involved in politics now bc of the internet... And, again, they want to vote as quickly and efficiently as possible...

That's my guess.

-K

Funny thing is, here I have never waited more than 10 minutes or so to vote including checking in on election day. Lines for early voting here have been over three hours long!!
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

perhaps the "silent majority" has chosen not to remain silent
    Last edited by EdA; 10-28-2008 at 12:21 PM.

LOL, I wish they would if that IDIOT woman would be their spokesman again.

Jerry
    "Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"