The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Censorship

Default Censorship

Why is it that ever time someone post something about Barack Hussein Obama the post gets locked. This my friends is how the media works.Forum boards are a form of media and if the person or persons that run them don't agree with your views they will censor them. just my two cents. I mean no disrespect to anyone on this board. I am just expressing my view. Just one more thing Its called the white house.

I have the right to remain silent just not the ability.
    Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by sprintwrench75 View Post
    Why is it that ever time someone post something about Barack Hussein Obama the post gets locked.
    Ron White
    Because......
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all RTF'ers are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are reading, posting and the pursuit of GDG.--That to secure these rights, Moderators are instituted among RTF, deriving their just powers from the consent of the Atkinson
    God Bless America, and all of RTF
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Ron,

The threads are not being locked because someone has posted something about Obama. The threads are being locked because some users cannot abide by Chris' numerous requests to use RTF as the resource it can and deserves to be and stop personal attacks/insults, racial comments and/or statements that could lead to litigation involving RTF. These types of posts should not be a part of RTF's culture.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    Ron,

The threads are not being locked because someone has posted something about Obama. The threads are being locked because some users cannot abide by Chris' numerous requests to use RTF as the resource it can and deserves to be and stop personal attacks/insults, racial comments and/or statements that could lead to litigation involving RTF. These types of posts should not be a part of RTF's culture.
    I think he was quoting ron white, his name isn't ron. Sorry couldn't resist.
    Rainbow's November Rain MH***
    Freeridin' Whiskey River Don't Run Dry***

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    Ron,

Gawd you are cute when you are mad!!!!

Right on Vicky- remember only ONE more day

Love ya regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

RULE # 1 ....CHRIS'S FORUM, CHRIS'S RULES

RULE # 2.....REFER TO RULE # 1

when you signed up to this FREE site you agreed to play by the rules set forth by the mods and administrators....you have choices as do all of us...most us us choose to abide by his rules ,...not censorship at all...

thanks for a very nice site Chris,
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLusk View Post
    I think he was quoting ron white, his name isn't ron. Sorry couldn't resist.
    Oops, didn't pick up on that! Guess I can cross that name off my "bad" list to Santa!!
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Quote Originally Posted by sprintwrench75 View Post
    Why is it that ever time someone post something about Barack Hussein Obama the post gets locked. This my friends is how the media works.Forum boards are a form of media and if the person or persons that run them don't agree with your views they will censor them. just my two cents. I mean no disrespect to anyone on this board. I am just expressing my view. Just one more thing Its called the white house.

Ron White
    Sprint,

I think that in posting your two cents, you may have lost count. I think you meant to write that "every time" something gets posted about Obama, it gets locked. Is that what you meant to say?

Let's clarify that and then we can move forward.

If your question is not rhetorical, but actually desires a response from the administrator doing most of the thread locking, I'll gladly give one.

Thanks,

Chris Atkinson 217-454-0361
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Vicky I'm sorry. I am not the bad santa I am lovable ,hugable , kissable and irresistible if you don't believe me just ask I will tell you all about. However it does seem that negative obama post do chaf your A$$.I promise no more political post from me, if you tell me what GDG means on the rtf board. And you can call me JR. Thanks sweety.

Chris thanks for the new sig.