The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Censorship

Sprint,

Look what I found that you wrote on October 9:

New to the site wanted to post a photo of my daughter and son. Mia and colby. Mia is 2 passed her first seasoned test at 9 months trained by her dumb dad the rookie. It was are first time, wanted to run started but they were full. Had a blast now we are hooked. Now for the boy colby. Had to have another one lol,he is great 9 months old. He is general patton son. Saturday will be his first duck hunt cant wait.He already runs triples, sits on whistle will do remote backs,over,here these 2 dogs make me look like i know what im doing.Anyways just wanted to brag on the kids.Gosh I love this training stuff.Oh and this site is great for a rookie like me keep the info coming.I hope the picture loads or I really will be newbie.
    Seems like you've jumped to a pretty harsh conclusion pretty quickly. Which way do you want it?

Do you want RTF to allow folks to demean, bash, give racist comments, and generally post unproductive garbage?

Or od you want RTF to be a resource providing you with some value?

Threads locked lately involve name-calling, racist commentary, and hateful nonsense.

There's a whole lot of material here mentioning Obama as well as McCain, that was not locked.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by sprintwrench75 View Post
    Why is it that ever time someone post something about Barack Hussein Obama the post gets locked. This my friends is how the media works.Forum boards are a form of media and if the person or persons that run them don't agree with your views they will censor them. just my two cents. I mean no disrespect to anyone on this board. I am just expressing my view. Just one more thing Its called the white house.

I have the right to remain silent just not the ability.
    Ron White
    Because they just don't realize that the fate of the entire free world hangs in the balance.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Please refere to the thread titled Guidelines below!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Seems to me that if you really wanted to solve the name calling, racist remarks, etc, you could just say that this formum is a forum about dogs, dog training, event results, training equipment, etc and that no political commentary one way or another will be permitted.
    Seems simple enough to me. There are lots of other places to air your political views folks....why does it have to be here.
    "I love the winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I love to play"

Quote Originally Posted by dogcommand View Post
    Seems to me that if you really wanted to solve the name calling, racist remarks, etc, you could just say that this formum is a forum about dogs, dog training, event results, training equipment, etc and that no political commentary one way or another will be permitted.
    Seems simple enough to me. There are lots of other places to air your political views folks....why does it have to be here.
    I guess I'll have to disagree.

The name calling, racist remarks, etc. is not about the subject matter discussed. It is about the style used by the one hitting the "submit" button.

Maybe there's less fuel for the heated comments when the topic is strictly related to dog talk 100%. But most of the regulars here have agreed that RTF is more to them than "just strict dog talk".

There are lots of places to discuss where to go on vacation, what hotels to stay in, how to fix your computer, etc. But they have and do fit on RTF. And personally, I'd just as soon keep them here.

But I get your point. Tomorrow's THE day. I'm hopeful much of the desire for side A to try and trash side B will end by the time Bob Gutermuth's account is restored to active status.

Poor Bob! We love you man....

- Chris the censor
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    - Chris the censor
    Can I use that in my byline - like a campaign ad.

This post approved by Chris, the Censor

Tomorrow's the day, but it will take a couple of days for it to sink in when they find the polls were wrong.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

What does GDG mean?

Go Dog Go.....
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Go Dog Go.....
    Oh gosh...she's coming back on to taunt Patrick and David about the elk!

Nooooooooooo..............

Hey want to see a picture of David packing MY elk out? I'd post a picture of Patty with an elk but he doesn't have one........hahahahaha
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot