The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Censorship

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Hey want to see a picture of David packing MY elk out? I'd post a picture of Patty with an elk but he doesn't have one........hahahahaha
    OH no...Patty, I'm trying to censor her, but my power's dwindling.

David, turn a little more so the camera can see the Elk... No, face away from the camera...that's it! "poof"...OK now start humping it sherpa, we gotta get this meat cut up before sunrise.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Hey want to see a picture of David packing MY elk out? I'd post a picture of Patty with an elk but he doesn't have one........hahahahaha
    Censor her!
    -=#David

Well, this started off as a really interesting thread. Too bad we couldn't keep it that way. (Rick_C 2009, Classic RTF)
    __________________________________________________ _
    Take what you get and thank them (the Judges) afterwards no matter what the outcome. (Moira Sheehan)

Quote Originally Posted by BBnumber1 View Post
    Censor her!

I'm trying sherpa! I swear!
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

I'm not going to question Chris' right to censor anything on this board, it's his board. But I've almost become afraid to post anything on a political thread, for fear I will get it locked. I've read and re-read some of the threads that got locked, and still don't see why they were locked. But I do think (and sincerely hope) that the "politically correct" pendulum has swung as far left as it can go. I think this will prove itself out in today's election, when Mr. Obama will have his chance to run this country, and probably with a Congress totally controlled by Democrats. Be careful what you ask for.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hester View Post
    I'm not going to question Chris' right to censor anything on this board, it's his board. But I've almost become afraid to post anything on a political thread, for fear I will get it locked. I've read and re-read some of the threads that got locked, and still don't see why they were locked. But I do think (and sincerely hope) that the "politically correct" pendulum has swung as far left as it can go. I think this will prove itself out in today's election, when Mr. Obama will have his chance to run this country, and probably with a Congress totally controlled by Democrats. Be careful what you ask for.
    Steve,

You don't hve to be "afraid to post anything on a political thread" as long as you don't 1) personally attack another poster, 2) insult another poster, 3) make racial comments and/or 4) make a statement that could involve RTF/Chris in any type of litigation.

Heated arguements have been held on RTF for years without having to have the threads locked. Those arguments were never taken to a "personal" level.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Some people are like Slinkies.. Not really good for anything..
    But they still bring a smile to your face when you think about pushing them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    Steve,

You don't hve to be "afraid to post anything on a political thread" as long as you don't 1) personally attack another poster, 2) insult another poster, 3) make racial comments and/or 4) make a statement that could involve RTF/Chris in any type of litigation.

Heated arguements have been held on RTF for years without having to have the threads locked. Those arguments were never taken to a "personal" level.
    Not a problem here Vicky. Y'all certainly have the right to lock any thread you want to, for any reason.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hester View Post
    I've read and re-read some of the threads that got locked, and still don't see why they were locked.
    I guess that sentence just points out the differences in perspective and expectations among RTFers.

I can't believe some of the posts that go uncensored ..... the moderators are more than tolerant in enforcing the guidelines:

..... as long as you don't 1) personally attack another poster, 2) insult another poster, 3) make racial comments and/or 4) make a statement that could involve RTF/Chris in any type of litigation.
    If you look, you could probably find dozens of violations in the past couple pages. This board, at times, sounds like a bunch of junior high girls with all the insults and name-calling. There's one guy "standing in the corner" right now probably wondering why, but if you look back at his posts , I guarantee you'll find the word "dumbocrat" more than the word "dog".

And the term "politically correct" is repeatedly ridiculed. "Political correctness" is nothing more than what Chris is asking for; expressing your viewpoint with respect and consideration for those who feel otherwise, rather than crass insults and generalizations. What's wrong with that? My mom taught me that when I was a kid.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American, though it may be too little too late now.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

There is an old saying "Sticks & Stone will break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

I find these threads entertaining, those who get a thread banned or threatened show a lot of themselves in their postings. Some are more accomplished Wordsmiths, & have adapted to accomplishing the same end result without the use of Trigger words.

I believe those of one political persuasion get away with more because they are quicker to find remarks offensive & report them, especially when they are coming up short in the intellectual department exchanging barbs.

But there would be nothing more boring than reading threads & posts where you have no interest. My hat is off to the moderators for a task well performed.

Today's the day, if the Redistributor doesn't do a landslide with ALL the advantage given him during the campaign, he starts as a failure.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Marvin,

I think the "sticks and stones" saying is something we tell children to help them cope with other kids treating them in an unkind manner.

While children are certainly welcome to access and utilize RTF's resources, most of those to whose words the "sticks and stones" phrase would be applied are grown-ups.

To my mind, a discussion bulletin board format is its own form of media that differs from Hannity and Comes, a newspaper, or a magazine. Due to its interactive, immediate, impulsive nature and capability, it must be handled differently than other media.

We are doing our best and I appreciate the compliment, as I'm sure Vicky does as well.

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Guys,
    It could have been lots worse. Imagine what would have happened to us here on RTF is ether one of the candidates owned an Amish trained, English style, Fox Red, Pointing Labrador that was handled by a former pro trainer who is now a judge and only running trials hosted by RFTEntry? Just imagine that!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin