The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: How is the turnout at your polling place?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light

24 21.43%
  • medium

36 32.14%
  • heavy

38 33.93%
  • like being in line for Superbowl tickets

14 12.50%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Have you been to the polls? NON PARTISAN GDG

I live in a large city and the lines were out the door wrapping around the block. I was intimidated by the size of the line at first but it took about 45 minutes. I alloted an hour for voting so I was happy with the extra 15 minutes. I went early this morning to vote since that is the only time I had available for the day.
    Becky Z.

Golden Retrievers: Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies and bandanas.

Real Gold's Hot Patootie WCX** "Penny"
    http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=144306

I live in a small town of only about 500 people. They said it is running about 70% turn out which is about double of the usual. I had to wait a couple of minutes for a voting booth to open - there are only 3. And they have red, white and blue striped curtains - very patriotic!!

Don't have to show ID or sign anything - just give them your name, they find you on the list, they give you a ballot and you're good to go! The ladies that hand out the ballots and check you in have got to be 85 if they are a day - They are there for every election - Good for them!!

Andy
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks*** - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Trainor View Post
    Arrived at my polling location, walked in, voted and walked out in less than 5 minutes. There were about 5 or 6 other people there at the same time.

There were 2 things that surprised me this time voting. First, I was surprised that I did not have to show ID. When I started to get my wallet out, I was told they didn't need to see my license. I was asked my name, address and party affliation. Signed the paper, took my plastic card and went over to the voting machine (Maryland uses touch screen voting machines). Second, the machines were arranged in a way that I could look over the top of my machine and see the person's next to me voting screen. (Keep in mind that I am only 5' tall!!!)

Anyway....the voting process for me was quick and easy. Personally, I like going to the polling place. I miss the voting booths with the black curtains you pulled closed and pulling the levers on the voting machines!! Guess I'm now showing my age also.
    Haven't voted other by mail in years. My ballot says nothing about party affliation unless its a primary. Why did they ask party affliation???

I voted, and it took 22 minutes.
    BUT it took my sister and hour and a half.
    And my Mom and Stepfather TWO and a HAlf hours.
    One place was saying a four hour wait
    Christine
    "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable
    to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." Irving Townsend.

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Lab Lover View Post
    Haven't voted other by mail in years. My ballot says nothing about party affliation unless its a primary. Why did they ask party affliation???
    Since they asked for my name & address, I assume they asked for the party affliation as just one more way to verify that I was who I said I was......I had a 50/50 chance of being right
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Demi, must be a SC thang. I waited 2 hours and 45 minutes when I arrived at 8:00 AM. By the time I got out, the line was twice as long as when I arrived. I am voting in a rural precinct in the county. Go figure.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

My wife works at the polls....I just left there....out of 165 in our town.....39 so far at 5PM....They are working crossword puzzles.

The workers at the polls said the turn out in morning was "very heavy" and they were expecting an even heavier turn out in the evening.

Civic Duty Accomplished Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

I have to work a 12 hour shift today, 9-9, so I went right after the polls open. I waited about 35 minutes to vote. I was the 24th person to vote on the electronic machines. I had the option of doing a paper ballot. Three ahead of me chose that. It only took me about 90 seconds to vote. The wait was so long because of all the first time voters. They weren't following the directions. Didn't have a clue about anything beside the president. Etc. It usally takes me 5 minutes to vote at the longest. I'm sure the wait was shorter later in the day.

I live in a rural county on north Central Ohio. In 2004 our polls stayed open late because all the students at a liberal college in the county to decided to vote and showed up just before the polls closed. We have already had one ballot withdrawn by an early voter who was found out to be illegally registered. I guess his vote wasn't worth the felony chagres.

Tom
    Tom Wall

I just don't trust the mail man
    he's a government worker you know Or at least a member of a very popular union Now I know the problem

Pete